Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I am thinking about putting new steer axle tires on and moving those to the tag axle due to the one tire that has a bad wear pattern on it (after it's fixed). I was looking up tire prices, yowwwwch! This is with the FMCA tire discount program.

Tire-prices.jpg

Consider yourself lucky. Look up the 365-size tires. That's a bigger ouch.

Tire DescriptionTreadMSPNBase Price
+ F.E.T. TaxFMCA Price
+ F.E.T. TaxSavingsMICHELIN 365/70R22.5 XZA 162M (LRL)XZA52215$1,185.08$1,058.36$126.72

Just paid ~$900 for a smaller tire for my Bay Star. That was a decent price from what I can tell. Almost no one had it in stock. Even Michelin had them backordered, this spring.

There’s another part to this at least in the 365 and that is they are very difficult to locate. I know people who have paid close to 1500 each because they needed them. Hopefully @Neal will have good luck finding them at a good price.

It still may be a little premature for me. Coach is 5 years old and in a month will go into storage for maybe 4-5 months. I was thinking about my one bad tag axle tire situation, not sure how bad it really is, but if I need to replace it then likely steer tires move aft and I get new steer tires. I asked Freightliner for a quote, they don't do tires and gave me a recommendation to call which I'll do this week just to see what the story is on price and availability. I think there is also a place near home when I had to have my tires inspected initially for severe vibration / out of round issues. Just starting to learn the process but technically should have two more years I think.

I have a 2017 Ventana and my DOT tire codes are 1316 or 13th week of 2016 so mine is due next year.

Last edited:
FYI,
I replaced all my tires this year. After all the taxes, fees, installation, disposal fees etc. etc. cost me just about $8K (1K a piece)

Replaced the 6 rear tires (315) in May. $6200 drive out. Payed $2000 for the front tires (365) last year

FYI,
I replaced all my tires this year. After all the taxes, fees, installation, disposal fees etc. etc. cost me just about $8K (1K a piece)
Do you have locking lugs and if not what's your location?

We are at The Great Outdoors RV Resort, Titusville Fl.
I used the Tire Concierge at our complex. Great service and price.

Latest resources

Back