• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question RVIA Code for Exhaust?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I Use suction cups on the glass. I have 2 large HD, one on either side of the tube. Prevents side to side movement and keeps it in place. I support the bottom with a few orange leveling squares.

I Use suction cups on the glass. I have 2 large HD, one on either side of the tube. Prevents side to side movement and keeps it in place. I support the bottom with a few orange leveling squares.
If you have one, would you mind sharing a photo?

@MapNerd ... this may be a little off the topic but I also did not like the location they brought my exhaust out as it interfered with the sewer storage tube I wanted to add at my wet bay so I just cut it off and ran it straight out the side of the coach. Just needed a hack saw and maybe a new clamp. Worked fine but seemed to be louder so I next added a muffler and all is fine now. Just mentioning this to say that you may be able to reroute it yourself unless you need to bend some new turns which would make it harder. Just a FYI.

IMG_2883.jpg

If you have one, would you mind sharing a photo?
I didn't bring it on this trip...I'll dig thru the photo archives I am sure I took one.

There is a maximum length to the exhaust pipe. I don't know what oasis's is, but when had Hydro Hot system, the max was 20'. My previous coach length ran further than that, and we had back pressure, exhaust issues the whole time we owned it, although it exited out the back of the RV, excellent place for it. NVIA is an advisory group, not law. DOT is the place to investigate, they have the regulation authority, check there. Regardless, you could work with Newmar (if they will work with you) and an exhaust shop to see about moving it to the other side, but then you will have it blowing on the patio side. My suggestion is either use the electric elements when kids aboard, don't open the windows, or don't use the bunks if need diesel side. Yes, all poor choices, you can also change motorhomes. Let us know what you choose to do. ALL - Please note, NO PERFECT RV PERIOD-EACH ONE IS A COMPROMISE SOMEPLACE.

Aware of the maximum exhaust length. I believe for Oasis it is 12' and each bend reduces that length by 2'. Also aware that RVIA is not "code" or law, but a set of guidelines. Still, in order to put that RVIA sticker on your unit, which many states now require for new RVs, surely there has to be some level of adherence to those guidelines.

I don't plan to approach Newmar with a hostile attitude at all. Just point it out to them and ask them to help me identify a resolution.

I am currently thinking that venting to the patio side, under the half-bath is my best bet. There is a window there as well but if I can get the location slightly fore or aft of the half bath window, a Gen-Turi can go there. Of course, that will then block access to that storage bay....this really sucks.

If you do have a solution and advice from Newmar pleas post here. Mine is directly under the services bay, and we did not order the kitchen window for our coach, so we have no windows on that side which could cause problem. However, when setting out FW hose or sewer hose, must be aware of their location, so if run oasis the heat does not melt them. It's a bad location but when engineering, sure lots of considerations are made on where stuff should go, believe they wanted the oasis central to coach for distribution of heated fluid to registers as one of them. I know the overflow reservoir is not in a good location for mine. But life is a compromise for sure.

Latest resources

Back