• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert RVing and Protestors

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Using either one would probably be very effective, as well as requiring much less paperwork than other 'things.'

Honestly, I don’t see the utility of sprays given the current threat environment. I rely on things with boom switches exclusively.

Well, this is interesting. I was looking on Amazon to stock up on pepper spray for my upcoming trip. Found this, at first I said umm no, now I'm thinking this is actually wise to even keep in the coach for self-defense regardless of the current events.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5TIY3J/?tag=rvf01-20

View attachment 2299

Otherwise I'm at least getting a few of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007VM8UC/?tag=rvf01-20
Bad idea imo. The style of that particular item leaves it open to being interpreted as a handgun when concealed and/or holstered which is likely to escalate a situation beyond what is appropriate. I’d suggest sticking with the bear spray or pepper spray in a can. Also, there’s no clear advantage to dispensing the chemical using a gun-like device.

Let gun shaped items be guns. Let spray shaped items be sprays. Avoid misinterpretations and unneeded escalation or escalation of situations to inappropriate levels.

What is scary is that it isn't just a movement or fringe group calling for this....now you have major city mayors, council people, HRC campaign spokesman and former DOJ spokesman Brian Fallon calling for defunding.

Amazing times we are living in....I just want to go RVing!
When those who keep anarchy away from your doorstep leave, so will any contributing, useful element of society.

Business will leave, people who contribute to a useful society will leave, I would leave, you would leave, etc. The only people left will be gang bangers and those who make their living in a manner that benefits when they don't have to watch out for law enforcement.

The mayors, governors and other elected officials of that city, town or state, will have to wonder how long their private protection services will last when they are the only thing left to protect them.

I hate it for the good people who have invested their lives in a business or whose homes are in those areas. But seriously, they need to consider leaving and let the natural progression of this play out.

The idiocy of this whole thing we are watching unfold is simply beyond my ability to comprehend. What has happened to the USA that I grew up in?

It's gone, forever I'm afraid.

Jim, I share many of your sentiments but I think we are still early in the game. So much rhetoric is being bandied about, so much pandering, it’s hard to know what people really think and what they will really do. The mayor of Minneapolis injected a grain of sanity into the dialog yesterday and that showed me a glimmer of hope.

I wonder how much of this is really backed by politics and the election cycle including the pandemic (with trade negotiations). I'm going to be full on negative but I think this upcoming election is going to the most rigged in our lifetimes and we are going to be further shocked by the lack of integrity we once thought America consisted of and find ourselves no different than the Russia government and their ways. Prove me wrong! Or, I've been living in a jaded world and would love to continue being jaded, I need some jaded right now!!

Unfalsifiability. (also known as: untestability) Description: Confidently asserting that a theory or hypothesis is true or false even though the theory or hypothesis cannot possibly be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of any physical experiment, usually without strong evidence or good reasons.

Unfalsifiability. (also known as: untestability) Description: Confidently asserting that a theory or hypothesis is true or false even though the theory or hypothesis cannot possibly be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of any physical experiment, usually without strong evidence or good reasons.
1591658252351.png
WHAT?

@MapNerd has his coffee today. Standing down.

This would have been the better response. Also just for the record, I’m not saying you’re wrong...

Latest resources

Back