• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RVing with E-Bikes

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Even the lower price e bicycles are a lot of fun,we ride ours all summer, looking forward to camping and riding this year.

Even the lower price e bicycles are a lot of fun,we ride ours all summer, looking forward to camping and riding this year.
I’ve noticed prices are coming down on the expensive ones too. Probably all the competition. I see new, interesting, fun looking, moderately priced e-bikes advertised almost every week.

Just bought a pair of Lectric bikes from someone in our park, 1 mile on hers and 3 miles on his. Off to get some safety gear for my spouse and I. Let the games begin. Someone alert urgent care!!

I’ve noticed prices are coming down on the expensive ones too. Probably all the competition. I see new, interesting, fun looking, moderately priced e-bikes advertised almost every week.
I expect pricing is still not in line with equipment expectations. Will likely see much lower prices as the market for them collapses.

I expect pricing is still not in line with equipment expectations. Will likely see much lower prices as the market for them collapses.
along with more range, better handling, more power, more options….The market can be very self correcting.

along with more range, better handling, more power, more options….The market can be very self correcting.
Without a change in regulations, more power is not likely to happen. Everything listed to improve the bike comes at the price of weight.

Some of the things on the horizon could make or break the industry! Only time will tell. But if I were the betting man I was when I was in business, I wouldn't put my money in it!!!

To save others the hunt, that one is 88 lbs. My Trek Powerfly 4 is in the 40-45 lb range, it is painful to put on/off the rack. While I really enjoy the e-bike I really also enjoy my Trek Marlin 7 non e-bike. It's lightweight and a joy to ride. I have a little regret in getting the e-bike unless I start leaving the campground and using it :) For around campground use a lightweight bike is preferred, by me.

To save others the hunt, that one is 88 lbs. My Trek Powerfly 4 is in the 40-45 lb range, it is painful to put on/off the rack. While I really enjoy the e-bike I really also enjoy my Trek Marlin 7 non e-bike. It's lightweight and a joy to ride. I have a little regret in getting the e-bike unless I start leaving the campground and using it :) For around campground use a lightweight bike is preferred, by me.
Our bikes are around 60lbs (Specialized Tero) but they enable me to take longer rides and still get back to base in reasonably good shape without a struggle. I search for camping areas near trails and take as many 10-20miles rides as possible. The real limiting thing for me is that my hands get numb after about 10 miles. I’m changing to handle bars that claim to reduce this on this trip and we’ll see if it helps. But the weight doesn’t bother me - I ride a lot with the assist off and its a good workout - and I need as much of that as possible. I can see that they would be way more bike than one would need around the CG.

Latest resources

Back