Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm soon at the finish line of my long journey literally circling the US! I picked up the T-Mobile plan in Tucson, AZ then used it (or tested it) from Tucson up to Yakima, WA then east home to Virginia, almost home as I write this. Along this journey there was only about one good area for T-Mobile and that was Oregon if I recall correctly. For the most part the service has been tremendously lacking or non-existent. It is a waste of money, I will be terminating my plan.

I recommend instead getting the AT&T 100 GB for $55/mo (prepaid hotspot plan) - much better service, much better provider. In fact and in my opinion, AT&T is significantly better than Verizon (prepaid plan) in 90% of the locations I've traveled. It seems AT&T has led the game in 5G coverage (per my iPhone 12 Pro Max which is almost always showing 5G now) and has the best coverage and data speeds. Verizon has only been of use to me in 1-2 locations where AT&T was available but not the fastest.

For those with the Mobley plans I have seen no difference in speeds or service from the AT&T 5G plan mentioned above.

I agree...AT&T is superior in all markets that I have traveled. I keep a Verizon for the rare occasion that AT&T is overloaded, but often I find that Verizon too is overloaded.

I have 2x Mobley plan, and that is performing well beyond my expectations.

I plan on ditching the Verizon soon. Was going to replace with T-Mobile, but now I am questioning that based on @Neal post.

I plan on ditching the Verizon soon.
While I've rarely used it and questioned its worth, and still do at $65/mo, the one location I now remember where I used it and did not have anything else was the remote CG in Big Timber, MT. Otherwise I really haven't used it. While T-Mobile was stronger in OR it was not the only option, it was just a place where I could actually draw some bandwidth off of it finally.

We are staying at Holland SP, MI. Verizon (to my surprise) has much better connectivity than ATT. In general, ATT is better at most of the places we've camped

Thank you all for this timely information as I am now shopping for sim cards and data plans. Any hidden deals you know about will be welcomed. ? (y)

AT&T Prepaid hotspot plan 100 GB for $55/mo is what I suggest you dive on while it's available.

AT&T Prepaid hotspot plan 100 GB for $55/mo is what I suggest you dive on while it's available.
That'll be my first stop.............thanks!

Good info, but DANG…I’ve been in LOVE with T-Mobile for years. We are in So Cal, and I’ve had incredible service. But that’s not the big point, which is the fact that their customer service is…without question…THE BEST! And this isn’t to say they’re “better than the others”, which would be easy for any moron. But T-Mobile has great reps, easy billing, and a great website.

Do they have THE BEST coverage? I don’t think so. But, they stay in my #1 slot and AT&T as a fallback and I’ve never been let down.

But no argument about Verizon…they’re horrific….in all respects. For me.

Last edited:
AT&T is our primary and we do keep TMobile on the side using that same 50/100 plan. There is one place we’ve found where TMobile is the saving grace and that is Orlando - a place I despise her my wife and kids love.

Both AT&T and VZW are completely saturated there but TMobile regularly delivers in the 65mbps range there.

TMobile is also saving my
bacon this week as I hit my data cap earlier than expected and Tmobile is coming through with 8-12mbps service in Sedona, AZ. Not great at all but it is just enough to work with.

So i agree, TMobile is a waste of money, except when it’s not and in multiple instances, we’ve found it comes through well enough when AT&T is practically nonexistent.

if you’re full time, multi network coverage is necessary, and you just have to accept that 40-60% of your costs are really just contingency planning.

Latest resources

Back