Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Selling a motorhome… consignment or self?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
To the OP's original question... A few months ago we bought a Newmar Ventana and sold our Class B. The Ventana seller used a broker who took all the pictures, wrote and posted the ads (mostly RVtrader), and acted as a first point of contact to filter out the tire kickers and scammers. He paid $6k for this service. To be fair, the broker had excellent, professional picture taken and the ad was well written. But once the broker put us in direct contact with the seller neither of us ever talked to her again so I don't think it was $6k worth of service.

We sold our 2 year old Class B through RVtrader. We cleaned it well, took tons of good pictures, and placed an ad on RVtrader with a long bulleted list of features and details. It sold in a few weeks. A few serious buyers, no tire kickers, and only one easy to spot scammer who was trying to get us to buy a vehicle report. It was an easy sale, completed by the buyer doing a wire transfer to us then us signing over the title and handing them the keys.

I don't like selling vehicles and dealing with buyers so I understand wanting to pay someone to do it. I wouldn't do what our Ventana seller did because there just wasn't enough value there plus he still had to do all the end dealings with potential buyers, including showing them the rig. If I truly dreaded selling I would go full-on consignment so I could just wash my hands of the entire process.
Thanks for that info. It does seem that doing this on your own makes sense….especially to maximize the return.

I’m a sell it myself guy. I just couldn’t leave my coach in the hands of some sales lot with potentially unsupervised hoards trooping through causing who knows what. Just too much at stake for me.

Latest resources

Back