• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Selling the Newmar

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If I figured in 2 semi-serious buyers who came and looked at our 4369, plus the time I spend monitoring emails and answering numerous phone calls, I maybe had 15 to 16 hours of my time devoted to actually "selling" our coach. The way I look at it by not giving someone 7.5% to 10% I was earning somewhere between $1,000 and $1,500 per hour for my effort.

Just my 2 cents. In a good market I certainly wouldn't give up too fast.

I recently sold my KSDP to a dealership and it was sold before I could get it to them.

A few things to think about which hopefully going with a well respected retailer might bring.

1. Getting a higher price. I noticed what your asking price is and a good retailer might be able to get more for it off setting their fee.
2. Financing; if your buyer needs it, they can handle it for you. No muss no fuss
3. Selling it faster, lot more traffic from buyers.

Well my New Aire drove off today without me. I sold the coach using RV trader. It was priced at the market and sold for list price. Overwhelming response from all over the US. Nice folks from Austin, TX took it home. So this is the end of my Newmar days. Almost 4 years to the date. As it drove away everything worked. As I documented in detail over on "the other forum" the first year of ownership was stormy, mostly because they did not finish the coach before it was delivered. Year 2 to 4 was much better except the plague really restricted movement.

So I have had my "Class A" experience. Now on to new adventures.

My Winter project is to convert a brand new 2022 Airstream Globetrotter 25FBT into an all electric trailer to be towed by a 2021 F-150 Powerboost Hybrid with a ProPower OnBoard 7.2kw generator.

First step is to take apart the Airstream trailer, rip out the electrical system and install the new Victron MultiPlus 2 and 400 ah of Lithium batteries. This new Victron inverter just came out. It supplies both legs of a 50 amp circuit with inverted power. If a shore power or generator source cannot handle the load it simply augments the load by using the lithium batteries. No more load shedding for 50 amp or 30 amp service than cannot handle transient loads. This will keep me busy.

Last edited:
7.2kw generator......wow...thats amazing.

Congrats @TJ&LadyDi

IMG_5611.jpeg
7.2kw generator......wow...thats amazing.
Just ran my first test with the F-150 hooked up to the 50 amp shore power plug on the trailer. This is the display showing load on both legs with the two air conditioning units running. Not using even half the output from the Ford. Ford supports this with a soft 800 RPM idle from the engine which turns on and off to keep hybrid battery topped off. Amazing technology.

Just ran my first test with the F-150 hooked up to the 50 amp shore power plug on the trailer. This is the display showing load on both legs with the two air conditioning units running. Not using even half the output from the Ford. Ford supports this with a soft 800 RPM idle from the engine which turns on and off to keep hybrid battery topped off. Amazing technology.
Now that is the best use of hybrid technology I have seen.

Now that is the best use of hybrid technology I have seen.
And the Ford can power the average sized house with a transfer switch. Something a bunch of folks in Texas discovered last Winter right after the introduction of ProPower OnBoard. With a 32 gallon tank the F-150 is rated to run continuously for 31 hours delivering 7.2kw before it runs out of gas.

Latest resources

Back