• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

turbopilot

RVF Supporter
Fulltimer
No
I took delivery of one of the first Newmar New Aire's in October of 2017. It took me until the Spring of 2018 to "finish" the coach. I learned a lot in the Winter of 2017/2018. Biggest lesson, they sure don't make these coaches like airplanes. In any event by the 2018 Summer season I had a coach with all the bugs flushed out and except for the chassis module saga with no real problems since that time.

But now I am moving on. The market for used coaches is hot. So I decided to make an effort to sell the coach myself. I placed an ad on RVTrader and began the process of culling the tire kickers and trying to get rid of the wholesalers who want the coach for a below wholesale price.

After 7 days I gave up and pulled the ad. There was a lot of interest but every private buyer was clueless about the New Aire. Folks seem to just have a concept about getting a coach then start shopping with no attempt at any due diligence. So for each one I had to tell them what was unique about the New Aire, walking them through the differences compared to other Class A's on the market. It is a lot of work.

So now I am considering just consigning the coach and let some salesman earn the commission.

Looking for any thoughts about the best way to proceed. What is the normal commission cost for a consigned Class A? Any thoughts on the price point?

Here is a link to the details of my NA if anyone has a "smart" friend who would like one.

I am at NIRVC In Lewisville TX right now getting some service done. As I walking around yesterday I talked to a salesman and he was saying that they have a bunch of coaches come in on consignment and sell in a day our two. I think they charge a 7.5% commission but I also heard they will do it for a flat rate (maybe $15,000, but not positive) since they are selling so fast. You might want to give them a call.

Not looking forward to it when the time comes, I hate (despise) selling cars. But seems like the necessary evil and I think you have a coach in high demand @turbopilot - give it another month???

I guess there is a reason sales commissions are as high as they are... it is real work and a big PIA to sell vehicles...:)

PPL, a large rv consignment business with 3 Texas locations charges a 10% commission.

PPL, a large rv consignment business with 3 Texas locations charges a 10% commission.
Any links or contact info for those that may want to get more information about them?

Turbo,

Been there, Sold that.

Agree about the literal STUPIDITY of “shoppers”! I had one IDIOT ask me how I got so many miles on a 2 year old. I was so flabbergasted, I could barely hold my thoughts to give him a math lesson. FYI, we had less than 24k…after I said that’s basically 2 big trips a year and a couple more smaller ones, I proceeded to “lecture” him on why these are called “motorhomes”. ?

In the end, I let my dealer sell it for me, if nothing else, to release the pressure of the paperwork.

10% is kind of the known standard out there. Negoatiable, of course, especially given these times with no inventory and used coaches are selling fast.

Imho i would advise to find a reputable dealer that will consign at a net price to you. This way going in you know exactly whats going in your pocket and over that its the dealers business.

I have bought 2 RV's from NIRVC here in the DFW area and found to be honest and above board. They have a store in Phoenix and also Las Vegas you might check into.

Latest resources

Back