• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question sharpening Knifes

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’ve used “Lansky Professional Sharpening System with Coarse, Medium, Ultra Fine, and Serrated Medium Hones” to sharpen many different knives, including large kitchen sized. Works pretty well and they come out very, very sharp with not much effort
Lansky Sharpening System

I always wanted a ruby hone, honestly I could never afford one.

I use the accusharp on most of our kitchen knives, they aren’t high end or fancy but they are Brazil made tramontina made knives and cheap. We have several in rotation, 3 of them the same, seems redundant I know. We always have a clean knife on the magnetic block. I have too many knives at this point, Chinese and hand forged Japanese vegetable knives. Bushcraft knives, and an unnecessary amount of pocket knives, several spiderco knives and one fallkniven. I have a kitchen sharpening steel for honing, a pocket diamond steel by fallkniven and a basic sharpening stone. I’m still agonizing over the purchase of some high quality Japanese water stones that will cost a few hundred dollars. That being said you can get away with what I have had easily. I really like the tramontina kitchen knives, commercial quality, cheap and easy to sharpen, unlike a Damascus steel Japanese knife.

Attachments

• AEE3E8FF-655A-45C2-A3F9-4849B7170CBE.jpeg
    AEE3E8FF-655A-45C2-A3F9-4849B7170CBE.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2
I’m such a loser, and my grandfather would be ashamed. I only recently began carrying a knife full time and have to relearn everything I was taught 50 years ago.

My table saw and circular saw need sharpening. Can they be or just buy new blades? All of my gardening tools need sharpening. Agrrrhh!
If you have quality tipped blades, it's for sure worth getting them sharpened. Works like new when reinstalled. Boy I miss my shop.....

what jmeitech said, lansky set

Latest resources

Back