• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question sharpening Knifes

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My table saw and circular saw need sharpening. Can they be or just buy new blades? All of my gardening tools need sharpening. Agrrrhh!

My table saw and circular saw need sharpening. Can they be or just buy new blades? All of my gardening tools need sharpening. Agrrrhh!
The short answer is yes. Carbide or hss, or carbon steel. With the right grinding wheel they can all be sharpen.

Oh no. I have to buy yet another tool? ?

No, you can:

1. Buy new blades.

2. have them sharpen at a sharpening shop.

I bought a knife sharpener at a gun show several years ago. It has 2 little overlapping steel wheels you drag the knife blade between to sharpen the knife. It works GREAT!!! My daughter cuts herself every time she cooks at our house because my knives are SHARP! Her's must be pretty dull at home. :ROFLMAO:

every time I sharpen kitchen knives I have to put on a warning label....:)

every time I sharpen kitchen knives I have to put on a warning label....:)
And I try to keep them sharp. At first Saundra didn't like the sharp, now that she is used to them she lets me know when they are dull.

I gave up sharpening table saw blades when they came out with carbide tipped ones. they cost a lot more, but last a lot longer
I have a stone that I use to sharpen my wife's kitchen knives and my chisels

I gave up sharpening table saw blades when they came out with carbide tipped ones. they cost a lot more, but last a lot longer
I have a stone that I use to sharpen my wife's kitchen knives and my chisels
I do still sharpen my carbide ones with a diamond hone. Of course when you are cutting wood and aluminum you must do something.

I wrapped up my Henkel's (6 of the larger ones) and trotted off to the local knife sharpening place. It burned down last September when a wildfire swept thru two communities here in Southern OR. So there they sit - dull.

Latest resources

Back