Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Side view cameras seem no better, and maybe worse than, side mirrors?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hi EZ. My previous Coachman had same issue, turned out one camera seal failed and got water in it. I don't remember which model I bought now, but I went to Amazon and got a plug in perfect fit replacement for it. Seems like it was under 50 bucks.
Thanks Scott!

My RV rear and side view cameras are on the radio double din sized display. With sunglasses on, I can’t the display at all. Since I tow a box trailer, my rear camera on the trailer is on an additional monitor.
In the future, I am going to change the radio and will either get a larger screen for rear and side mirrors or have a radio that has a clear display with sunglasses.

I like mine. Big blind spot and I do glance quickly prior to moving into the lane. Lately I wonder if I'm watching the road, mirrors, etc too much and not enjoying the views. Rough roads in some parts of Newfoundland (visiting this summer) even the Trans Canada Hwy in sections have me watching the hwy and not the views. There are 3 axle truck trailers up here and wondering if they overload the roads.....
Really rough sections here especially heading towards St Andrews! DW doesn't want to go to Alaska now because of the roads up here thinking they'll be worse.... That plus a lot of 30 amp campgrounds with low voltage issues suck

Latest resources

Back