Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Side view cameras seem no better, and maybe worse than, side mirrors?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’d suggest talking to these folks. I have never bought from them but other Prevost owners have had good luck with them.

That guy deserves as much business as he can stand. He helped me untangle the Newmar 360 cam mess, and he had not a thin dime to make by doing so. Great guy who knows his stuff!

Both my side view cameras are blurry for some reason. The rear is clear as a bell. I've tried cleaning the lenses but that does nothing to help the problem. Any idea what the problem is?
My rear camera is blurry but my side cameras are clear.

Wife can see the chevy behind us in the rear camera and that's all I care about, making sure it's still back there.
I just use the mirrors for most everything.

I didn’t like the side view cameras coming on when signaling all the time, so I spliced into the system wiring for the side cameras and installed a DPST toggle switch so I can control when I want them live or not. In heavy traffic I prefer to have the rear cam on all the time for knowing when I’m clear to change lanes in tight spots.

My camera's display is down quite a ways on the dash. It's just not automatic to look down there to check the side camera (that seems to take FOREVER to turn on, then off again). I end up using the mirrors exclusively.
Ditto. I mostly use the mirror, but try and remember to glance at the camera for a double check, especially in heavier traffic or if I haven't been keeping track of traffic around.

After checking mirrors, before turn signal, I try to remember to glance at the rearview. This gives me a better idea. Just looking at the side image I have to look back to front. There is an annoying delay in the camera switching to side. As others said, its hard to look down at the monitor, get situational awareness for several seconds while driving at speed.

also the side image is often washed out from the sun angle. does nt self adjust to sunlight mid day angle against the road. Will try to adjust it this week with contrast

Wife can see the chevy behind us in the rear camera and that's all I care about, making sure it's still back there.
I just use the mirrors for most everything.
same here

I didn’t like the side view cameras coming on when signaling all the time, so I spliced into the system wiring for the side cameras and installed a DPST toggle switch so I can control when I want them live or not. In heavy traffic I prefer to have the rear cam on all the time for knowing when I’m clear to change lanes in tight spots.
EXACTLY … I find myself almost avoiding giving a turn signal because I don't want to switch views … I'm going to look into that idea ...thanks

I dream of adding 2 displays, one on each side of the cab, which are full time showing the side camera. Then the dash monitor can be dedicated to the rear view camera(s) which would be toggled by a switch.

Both my side view cameras are blurry for some reason. The rear is clear as a bell. I've tried cleaning the lenses but that does nothing to help the problem. Any idea what the problem is?
Hi EZ. My previous Coachman had same issue, turned out one camera seal failed and got water in it. I don't remember which model I bought now, but I went to Amazon and got a plug in perfect fit replacement for it. Seems like it was under 50 bucks.

Latest resources

Back