• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Site Lock Guarantee

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yeah, I did that. Wrote up a whole page of online instructions on how to hunt out the "2-day stays". Posted real time calendars so that everyone could see what the booked days were and hunt out the targeted "specials".

Never got the first call and finally took the page down.

People don't spend a lot of time on things like this. Half of them have trouble with online stuff, the other half is made up of people that know what they need and want a fast, direct way to get there.

Short answer. . . it just didn't work. :-(

Yeah, I did that. Wrote up a whole page of online instructions on how to hunt out the "2-day stays". Posted real time calendars so that everyone could see what the booked days were and hunt out the targeted "specials".

Never got the first call and finally took the page down.

People don't spend a lot of time on things like this. Half of them have trouble with online stuff, the other half is made up of people that know what they need and want a fast, direct way to get there.

Short answer. . . it just didn't work. :-(
Bummer…

Bummer…
Yeah, I know. lol

For awhile, I kept a list of people that I knew were within a several hour drive, and I would contact them when the specials were available. But that got difficult to manage.

And to make matters worse, we don't take CC payments over the phone, so if you don't book online, I don't get paid until you arrive. So I would tell the people to bring a check (or cash) and pay us when they got here.

Believe if or not, half of them didn't show up. So after a few of those, I gave up on that idea.

It's an ongoing learning experience, lol. I'll get it sorted out one day. :)

I have no problem being assigned a site that meets the requirements I'm paying for, it's when you let me select from a list of available sites and I pay you in full before even showing up, I expect that site. Like I said before I'm a reasonable person and if amenable accommodations are offered in lieu I'll play along.

I have no problem being assigned a site that meets the requirements I'm paying for, it's when you let me select from a list of available sites and I pay you in full before even showing up, I expect that site. Like I said before I'm a reasonable person and if amenable accommodations are offered in lieu I'll play along.
I have been following this thread, and I make all the reservations. I have encountered a fee to guarantee a site 3 times. I have always declined except for our trip down the Ca. coast this spring. A new Sun resort in Chula Vista, near San Diego requested it. Since we were staying 5 days, I wanted a bay spot away from all the action. It was ten dollars, and we enjoyed our stay. We try to avoid Sun Resorts , as they are overpriced, but for San Diego, this is a good choice.
I consider this a minor irritation compared to our trip last year when we were driving across country and Palm Beach Motor coach Resort, Jupiter, Florida,. cancelled our fully paid reservations, because they had folks who wanted to stay longer. Thanks to help on this forum , we were able to find a big rig spot sort of where we needed to be.
Judy D

Today was an interesting situation where a park had only one spot that would fit my bus after they moved some other reservations around and I got presented with a $50 site lock. I felt railroaded into it because I didn’t want to get there and not have a spot that works. I accepted the lock regretfully as there were no other parks in the area. That’s a first for me as I usually don’t play the lock game.

Today was an interesting situation where a park had only one spot that would fit my bus after they moved some other reservations around and I got presented with a $50 site lock. I felt railroaded into it because I didn’t want to get there and not have a spot that works. I accepted the lock regretfully as there were no other parks in the area. That’s a first for me as I usually don’t play the lock game.
Size of site to accommodate our coach is the only reason we have paid the lock fee, which I believe happened twice over the past 3 years.
It is one of the downsides to a larger Coach pulling a trailer.

I don't get it. I shouldn't have to lock to have a site that I fit in. If I make a reservation for a XYZ foot coach then they are responsible to accommodate me. Now if I want a specific site, then yeah, I may have to pay to lock that. But if I reserved a 40ft site and arrived and they didn't have one, that's their problem and I'm boondocking at the least on their property. But I'd bet they would have a site for me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back