• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Smallest RV for Two People

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We owned a 17' Casita SD for 15 years. It was 20 years old when we sold it. Plus we got our asking price and then some. We actually doubled our money based on what we paid for it. The wife and I loved it. It had all the conveniences of home. Very easy to tow and maintain. Adequate tankage for 4 to 5 days of dry camping. For us older folks at 75+ the sleeping accommodations were challenging but, for us smaller folks under 6', comfortable. Yes, the awning makes for a very nice addition on rainy days.

With our physical health deteriorating we sold it and purchased a newer and larger trailer offering a bit more internal space and a few more creature comforts. We often prepare and serve dinner for 4. We expect to use it for our last few years of camping.

Some days I look behind the truck and wish the Casita was back there. It was so easy to tow and park about anywhere. For a couple of years, we pulled it initially with a Chev S-10 and later a Chev Trailblazer. I recall the gross was about 3500 lbs.

Attachments

• Cumberland Mtn Park 002.jpg
    Cumberland Mtn Park 002.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Every type of RV has its pros and cons. Boils down to to what are you willing to deal with? I've had everything from a tent trailer to a DP Class A and I have to say, of all the units I have had, my favorites were the Alpenlite 5th wheels and my current DP. Truck campers are convenient, but tight quarters. 2 people is tight, throw in a dog and its a crowd. Wet bath vs dry bath - had them both and do the dry bath. Not a big fan of travel trailers, as 5th wheels were more spacious, more storage, more maneuverable, and handles better than a TT. Class B vans are pretty tight quarters, have minimal propane, fresh water, black and gray tanks, but you can take the rig anywhere in town a car can go. Class C's, (in your case) probably a 25 to 30 foot unit and you will probably be much happier than a class B. Gas, with a V10 is much cheaper than a Mercedes diesel. I don't see a class A fitting into your plans your anywhere. Hope this gives sone things to consider.

We have a Tab 400 on order that we’ll pull with an EV SUV. We mostly tour camp and hike so should be a good fit for us. Small and easy to get on and off ferries is important for us. As well we wanted a separate bed that didn’t have to be made up. Should be here by April.

Latest resources

Back