• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Smart RV Capability

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Whomever...feel free to start a thread among developers for programming your coach.

Coming in late, but hot... very interested in how this project has evolved. I find the KIB UI a pain and the lack of flexibility somewhat (LOL) disappointing. Add to that all the other things that should be available and 110% supportive of your direction. For the record, EE, started coding on mainframes in 1973, own a company that does significant hardware and UI/UX installations for good sized customers, much of it ends up in DoD realm. I no longer code (old and too dense I think) but lots of young minds around. These coaches and the control systems are really due for the next generation. I am sure Newmar is afraid of making it too hard for the target demographic to understand (and appreciate that) but that does not mean the programming has to be Lowest Common Denominator, which it is. On the other hand, KIB is just afraid.

flyboy013, hello! Do you by chance have this for beta for a 2016 London Aire? My home uses homekit/siri/crestron automation. I'm missing any type of automation in our london aire.

Let me know if you have something available, thank you.

Eric Weber

Picking up our 2022 4081 on Saturday. Is there any standard wireless connectivity to the coach systems from the factory? I do not have a good handle on how the system is set up. I assume it is all digitally controlled but just on multiple remote key pads. Looking for info as I would like to be able to monitor systems at least. I am not sure I need to be able to operate the systems from my phone though.
Thanks, Getting excited to pick her up!

Checking on any new efforts here. In Maryland for about a month. I have started to hack around the systems on our 2020 MA. After making some progress with the SilverLeaf and KIB automation - really feel that the battle to make them play nice in 2023 is more an issue of original simple objectives in KIB and closed SL design architectures. (I have respect for SilverLeaf - anyone who has a servant named Rozie and assigns a certain 2 digit PW with literary significance deserves a tip of the hat!)

Have been studying J1939 to bring chassis and powertrain into the project for viewing and possibly as real time triggers for actions/automation. This all feels like a winter project (translation... I am likely underestimating this by a year or two :)

Still finalizing what to use to create a robust front end controller, as well as secure IoT, hardware interfaces and flexible UI. The recent WFR / Newmar cloud security debacle is an indication of what needs to be avoided. Several on my team work on projects that demand high security protocols - will bring them into the mix as this starts to gel.

I am leaning toward treating SL-KIB as almost dumb nodes to bolt onto the new structure. While something like crestron (we sell a lot of crestron) is useful, it is a programming nightmare and very hard to change without the secret smoking club handshake and some voodoo. The goal is to find a balance between features, ease of user options, extendability and reliability. No doubt I will tear a lot of hair out over 2023... 2024... LOL:LOL:.
Always interested to exchange wishes, ideas and pain points.

Latest resources

Back