• Commercial/Vendors welcome

SnapPad

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I agree. Maybe I’m missing something but all they seem to do is increase your footprint by a minimal amount. I could accomplish the same thing (as I understand it) using one of the yellow lego looking things and I can use more than one if needed. And, for a lot cheaper.

When I had jacks and first saw them I thought Wow what a great idea.

Then I saw the price and filed them in the things I could live without file.

We have use the SnapPads on both of our Class A RVs. Currently on our DutchStar 4369 which has an extreme amount of weight on the front wheels. We've spent months, altogether, parked on grass and never had them sink in. We love that we don't have to worry about sinking into someone's blacktop and they are always there ready to go.

Anyone using SnapPads? Any issues?
You don’t show your model info but I have them and the only problem is due to the low clearance my Newmar KSDP has to begin with. At one park in SC, the road was steep at the site and one dragged, leaving a black mark. I guess if it was bad it could damage the jack. I still use them.

I don’t even think about them although now ill check the approach angle. Used them on concrete and gravel, no issues.
Cheers.

We installed them and it sppears they increase the footprint quite a bit. HOWEVER, we had a leaking airbag, the coach was riding slightly lower in the back, and we went through a difficult construction area and lost one in there somewhere. (mere inches of clearance between the road and the rear snap pads at the time). I contacted the company about the missing snap pad. Unfortunately we were under the one-year warranty and they said they would send me info on how to get a replacement bed that has not yet worked out yet. Meanwhile, one of the other feet was somehow bent and the snap pad was VERY close to falling off - we had to replace we have to order a new jack, and it will take months, (because the cost of repairing the bent foot is about the same as the cost of a new jack.)
that has nothing to do with the performance of the snap pad, I suppose, but it's odd that the foot could be so badly bent. As far as we can determine, it happened at the state park where the while we were trying to level it at Hunstville State Park, that had a large drop off of the asphalt area.

I’ve been reading that the jack plate can get loose to the point of almost falling off. Snap pad should have a center hole where it can be tightened. I have not looked at mine yet but plan too.

bpaikman...I lost a foot with snap pad attached on my Equalizer levelers just a couple weeks ago. Turns out the 3/4 inch bolt had backed out enough for the whole thing to just fall off. Equalizer had the foot in stock and also is a dealer for snappad, they had me a replacement for both pieces in under 3 days and just over $200. I agree though that clearance is less on already way to low for my comfort chassis and components. I am now very careful about rough terrain and pull over and check my feet after clearing rough areas. BTW, only one foot was loose from factory, all the rest were less than a quarter turn on the bolt. Lesson learned, and another thing to keep an eye on.

Latest resources

Back