• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Snubbing the Coronavirus

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Some of the smaller cuts off that same tree became crown molding, which I used in one of my rehabs. I can't believe that at one time in my life, I would have cut these trees up for firewood. So much beauty wasted. Anyhow, we're doing our part to keep the cycle going! :)

DSC00451.JPG

DSC00452.JPG

Thanks TJ.

This is an old Red Oak tree that came down in the middle of a storm. Picture 1 is what it looked like when I cut it with the mill. Picture 2 is what it looked like when I poured some water on it. (pouring water on the cut will give you an idea of what it will look like when it is finished. i.e. a table or piece of furniture.) The cuts off this tree have been drying in my barn for about 3 years now and are just about ready to become something.

View attachment 1613

View attachment 1614
Very nice. I love pretty wood! As an example of that, here's a photo of the stock on my skeet gun.

TJ

Kolar X-Lite-3.jpg

Thank you. If you wind up with any black walnut trees, let me know. ;)

TJ
I have a couple waiting to be cut. Fed X bill might be a bit pricey for me to send them to you though. :)

Lots of opportunities for beautiful live edge tables, counter tops, etc...

Very nice. I love pretty wood! As an example of that, here's a photo of the stock on my skeet gun.

wow @TJ&LadyDi didn’t know you had a Kolar too! ?
Now we need to get you using it more.

Lots of opportunities for beautiful live edge tables, counter tops, etc...
We remodeled an old cabin that is down on the lower side of our property and I used some Oak to make the counter in one of the bathrooms.

23632262_1537078976347676_6220334973602900226_o.jpg

23632391_1537080979680809_9184410513380313648_o.jpg

The stay-at-home rule is affecting some of us more than others.

While you guys are "playing House" :) I'm crawling on my knees on the roof of the DS and installing two SoftStart units on my #1 and #3 AC's. It is already hot, humid and very sweaty here in FL.
Ofcourse, all the time there is something missing or I need another tool, so it is endless up and down the ladder ?. Even had do use my iWatch to call DW to come and hand me something from below.
BTW the RV Geeks video on the YouTube is outdated for Penguin II AC's Hope we get to try all the improvements this season?

Latest resources

Back