FYI Solar 101 - A General Guide to Solar in your RV or Motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Another tip:
Shadows on the panel over a single cell will cancel the complete panel, and overheat the shaded cell.

Thank you Kevin.

Thank you Kevin.
Your welcome.
The whole array is one controller? If so that will effect the output of the complete array.

This picture explains why my system has 4 controllers! It also explains why my nickname is Bubba on this site only.

20230429_135235.jpg

I am getting ready to remove the awning and replace it with two panels to use as shade. The added panels will use micro inverters. If that works well I may add some on the other side of the rig.

I love your setup. Yes my charger is a Victron 150 | 85. So I suppose all my eggs will be in one basket. In our case, we do have the diesel generator to fall back on and, we're not full timers. We have an unimproved .6 acre lot near Red River, NM in the southern Rockies at 9200 feet elevation where we plan on spending most of the summer or as base camp for trips up north in CO and other western states when it's 100+ at home in San Antonio.

Will you use your awning arms as a frame to support your new array? What will happen to your screened in porch? So with your added panels I'd imagine you'll be producing over 1000 watts? Plenty of sunshine there in the Grand Canyon State. And the brown barrels are for?

I love your setup. Yes my charger is a Victron 150 | 85. So I suppose all my eggs will be in one basket. In our case, we do have the diesel generator to fall back on and, we're not full timers. We have an unimproved .6 acre lot near Red River, NM in the southern Rockies at 9200 feet elevation where we plan on spending most of the summer or as base camp for trips up north in CO and other western states when it's 100+ at home in San Antonio.

Will you use your awning arms as a frame to support your new array? What will happen to your screened in porch? So with your added panels I'd imagine you'll be producing over 1000 watts? Plenty of sunshine there in the Grand Canyon State. And the brown barrels are for?
Oh, and what's your dog's name?

The dogs name is minie, Saundra thought she was going to be much smaller (rescue).

I am brain dead lately with the loss of Saundra. Thanks for the arm idea! I like it!

The screen room (roll-in), is the reason the awning will be removed. There is room for 500 to 600 watts of solar. One panel in front, one in back. I have the panels over the cab of the flatbed, I will use. That will bring the on trailer wattage to 2000w.

The cargo trailer has 1000 watts, you don't see that, would like to bring over to the trailer, but I will need to put the trailer on the scale before I make that happen.

The drums are water storage/water purification system. For storage that gives me about 1month of water.

With Saundra gone, I am trying to get down to one truck,one trailer (screen room pulls behind fifth).

The dogs name is minie, Saundra thought she was going to be much smaller (rescue).

I am brain dead lately with the loss of Saundra. Thanks for the arm idea! I like it!

The screen room (roll-in), is the reason the awning will be removed. There is room for 500 to 600 watts of solar. One panel in front, one in back. I have the panels over the cab of the flatbed, I will use. That will bring the on trailer wattage to 2000w.

The cargo trailer has 1000 watts, you don't see that, would like to bring over to the trailer, but I will need to put the trailer on the scale before I make that happen.

The drums are water storage/water purification system. For storage that gives me about 1month of water.

With Saundra gone, I am trying to get down to one truck,one trailer (screen room pulls behind fifth).
Dear Kevin--

I am sorry to hear that you're hurting from your loss. Saundra was your wife? How many years were you together?

Latest resources

Back