• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Solar 101 - A General Guide to Solar in your RV or Motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Newmar does not install a BMK so I needed to install it when I did my solar. Very valuable tool. And you don’t need both the Victron and the magnum BMK shunts, but it is helpful as the magnum will then have an idea of SOC and the Victron will give a nice Bluetooth interface.

As mentioned in my PM, me and Neal have the 240 Leece-Neville alternator.

And do you need the battery combiner? As your rig has a BIM, which can be swapped out for a Li-BIM. It allows for charging of both battery banks via shore power or alternator….

Is this what Neal referred to as being tricky to hookup? And I assume I can buy an Li BIM on Amazon?

Is this what Neal referred to as being tricky to hookup? And I assume I can buy an Li BIM on Amazon?
A Li-BIM is pretty easy....as you just swap it out with the regular BIM that came with your rig. It is located in the back of your external electrical compartment (usually). You can get them from several places...even BattleBorn sells them.

Rich

I found the Li BIM and the ME-BMK. Li BIM is below.

Thanks for your help!

Laurent

Attachments

• IMG_5571.JPG
    IMG_5571.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Btw. This is what the old one looks like…

Attachments

• 65869437-11A7-4F5C-8092-CF2F4667D461.jpeg
    65869437-11A7-4F5C-8092-CF2F4667D461.jpeg
    972.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks!! Where exactly is this on your coach?
You told me already, sorry. I just read your prior post. I also see now why you appeared to install the Li upside-down. So it would match the battery leads from the old one.

You told me already, sorry. I just read your prior post. I also see now why you appeared to install the Li upside-down. So it would match the battery leads from the old one.
Exactly!

Looks like your ignition wire got changed from pink to black?

Latest resources

Back