Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know to much. They are not marketing to you....
I want to believe 200 watt panel will light up the neighborhood! Maybe I also want to believe in something called zero point energy!!! Maybe my mom and dad can bring it when they finally get here! Haven't heard why they got delayed!

While I have installed solar panels on 3 homes now, personally they are a waste for me on an rv. I do not boondock but occasionally overnight. I also do not see the upgrade to lithium adding value for me. These two positions do not mean its not right for someone else, just wasteful for me.
My Swift is lithium with 200 watt solar panel. I bought it for other purposes. I bought it to use as an option when I did not want to take my 44' Ventana for day trips. I knew the 200 w solar was a joke but for others, the system had the ability to add permanent or temp panels while camping.
I find the solar photovoltaic systems worth the price of admission on my homes. The payback is about 8 years but even when selling after two years, the value gets added into the sales price. I have only paid cash and not taken loans on these systems. Taking a loan would extend the payback to where its not worth the payback time for me.

So you are selling to people that think they can live "off grid". Smart marketing move but as you know, not reality. I am guessing you are getting subsidies for installing solar.

I wish there subsidies for RV Solar! The best I could do was tax free in Arizona when I bought my stuff for my motorhome build.

So you are selling to people that think they can live "off grid". Smart marketing move but as you know, not reality. I am guessing you are getting subsidies for installing solar.
What the hell are you bloviating about? Is every post a way for you to start some bs? Who is selling what to whom? You need to chill, not every post is something to attack someone over. I did not knock RV solar, just stated it was not for me. What the hell is your problem?

I do work for people that have extensive solar. Tax breaks and subsidies is how they explain them. How do you explain them? Who actually pays for it.

I like to get to the bottom of the way things are. How does it actually work? That is why I tend to post about the other side of things. Sort of like the guys that go on about towing with electric and how easy it is and cheap and everyone should do it. But that is not the truth. What is the truth?

I do work for people that have extensive solar. Tax breaks and subsidies is how they explain them. How do you explain them? Who actually pays for it.
Perhaps you should reread what I wrote. Your response was "So you are selling to people that think they can live "off grid". Smart marketing move but as you know, not reality. I am guessing you are getting subsidies for installing solar."
Who said I was selling to anyone? But then you go on to say I am deceiving people. So do not tell me that you just want to know how things work. Your post is rude, accusatory and completely wrong.
Reading comprehension without looking to attack would show you what the last paragraph I wrote said:
"I find the solar photovoltaic systems worth the price of admission on my homes. The payback is about 8 years but even when selling after two years, the value gets added into the sales price. I have only paid cash and not taken loans on these systems. Taking a loan would extend the payback to where its not worth the payback time for me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back