Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I admit to jumping to conclusions, this is not the proper place to even go into this. My bad. But I did not say take a loan. Tax breaks and subsidies for installing solar are not LOANS. They are direct compensation for installing approved systems. And I would further read that as you can live in a home for 2 years and sell it with no capital gains penalty, you are selling them as a way to avoid taxes and gain income, even though you get tax breaks to build them. I did not say it was stupid or unethical, or even say it was wrong. I built houses for over 25 years and understand how this works. Carry on, I think you jumped to a conclusion of my intent or perhaps I worded it wrong. Hard to convey subtle meaning in a post.

Perhaps you should reread what I wrote. Your response was "So you are selling to people that think they can live "off grid". Smart marketing move but as you know, not reality. I am guessing you are getting subsidies for installing solar."
Who said I was selling to anyone? But then you go on to say I am deceiving people. So do not tell me that you just want to know how things work. Your post is rude, accusatory and completely wrong.
Reading comprehension without looking to attack would show you what the last paragraph I wrote said:
"I find the solar photovoltaic systems worth the price of admission on my homes. The payback is about 8 years but even when selling after two years, the value gets added into the sales price. I have only paid cash and not taken loans on these systems. Taking a loan would extend the payback to where its not worth the payback time for me"
So they say stimulus is not the problem! The problem lives in your reaction to it!

There are times that I get accused of pushing solar! Well! It has benefits for me, so presenting those benefits, you could say that is so! I don't support the industry however. I do support the re-use of toxic panels, not the making of new ones! The benefits are then two fold! The return on investment for my lifestyle is two months for each 1000 watts of panels, with the benefit of knowing those panels I acquired will be used as long as they have useful life.

A story:

At one time I was talking to a neighbor about solar and he opened up about how a company he had owned installed leased panels on people's houses. He was quite ashamed to admit the truth about leased panels he shared with me!!!

The lease nor the financial obligation was transferred with the ownership of the house, he said! He continued to state that he didn't know of a single house he installed on, that sale price matched an increased value compared to installed cost, and the seller was not released of financial obligation.

So I would say anyone that has been once burned, might look poorly on someone that talked about financial gain in the solar adventure!!!

I have now covered both sides of a controversial subject! Those considering entering into solar PV know "buyers beware!!!" Happy RVing everyone!

Ok, I admit to jumping to conclusions, this is not the proper place to even go into this. My bad. But I did not say take a loan. Tax breaks and subsidies for installing solar are not LOANS. They are direct compensation for installing approved systems. And I would further read that as you can live in a home for 2 years and sell it with no capital gains penalty, you are selling them as a way to avoid taxes and gain income, even though you get tax breaks to build them. I did not say it was stupid or unethical, or even say it was wrong. I built houses for over 25 years and understand how this works. Carry on, I think you jumped to a conclusion of my intent or perhaps I worded it wrong. Hard to convey subtle meaning in a post.
Yup! You now clarified things!

Again, you and the yes man are jumping to conclusions. I never said I sell them two years later. I said, even if YOU sell two years later YOU CAN get a return on your investment. Again you accused me of scamming on taxes. Grow up, I will not tolerate false accusations.

So they say stimulus is not the problem! The problem lives in your reaction to it!

There are times that I get accused of pushing solar! Well! It has benefits for me, so presenting those benefits, you could say that is so! I don't support the industry however. I do support the re-use of toxic panels, not the making of new ones! The benefits are then two fold! The return on investment for my lifestyle is two months for each 1000 watts of panels, with the benefit of knowing those panels I acquired will be used as long as they have useful life.

A story:

At one time I was talking to a neighbor about solar and he opened up about how a company he had owned installed leased panels on people's houses. He was quite ashamed to admit the truth about leased panels he shared with me!!!

The lease nor the financial obligation was transferred with the ownership of the house, he said! He continued to state that he didn't know of a single house he installed on, that sale price matched an increased value compared to installed cost, and the seller was not released of financial obligation.

So I would say anyone that has been once burned, might look poorly on someone that talked about financial gain in the solar adventure!!!

I have now covered both sides of a controversial subject! Those considering entering into solar PV know "buyers beware!!!" Happy RVing everyone!
Here we go again, read what I posted. I pay cash, I do not lease. I think some folks just love to see themselves reply, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the post they replied to.
You post that you cannot get a return on your money when you sell because of what? One example?

Here we go again, read what I posted. I pay cash, I do not lease. I think some folks just love to see themselves reply, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the post they replied to.
You post that you cannot get a return on your money when you sell because of what? One example?
I never said you didn't! I simply tried to empart a little understanding of why people view things differently! I figured something needed to be done before the pistols came out!!!

AND

I repeated word for word, what I was told!!!

I find the solar photovoltaic systems worth the price of admission on my homes. The payback is about 8 years but even when selling after two years, the value gets added into the sales price.

Your words sir.

I find the solar photovoltaic systems worth the price of admission on my homes. The payback is about 8 years but even when selling after two years, the value gets added into the sales price.

Your words sir.
And your ASSumption is that I sold in two years, is it not? You assumed I sold in two years and claimed that I was basically scamming the system by buying, installing solar, taking the tax break and selling. Did I state that I sold? It was merely a statement in the value of solar. Just as you ASSumed that I build homes, add solar and sell. I stated "worth the price of admission to MY homes" as in personal homes. You clearly read the part where I posted that I have added solar to three of MY homes.
I am not sure why you are so insecure that you find the need to attack my every post, but I will not stand for accusations that make me look deceitful and dishonest, gtfu

Thank you @Underboss you just validated my neighbors claim! TheLooks saw what most of us saw. You talked with experience so we felt that you sold those houses. That would have made your claim of increased value because you had solar on your house validated! However, precived value is not the same as actual value, that we ASSumed was your witness!

I know that solar is a commodity, and I know that because it is now listed among the many stats on the usdebt clock, as such, As much literature as I mull through, the consensus is adding solar does little to add value. Payback is based on a few things!

Fuel prices
Price of labor (for the numbers to work that the salesman quoted you, you must count the hours of labor for ROI).

I am glad this is an RV forum where I am watched because my views are so not mainstream! That almost makes me an unauthorized moderator that can easily direct the owners stepping in on threads that get out of hand and outside the forums perview!!!

Thank you @Underboss you just validated my neighbors claim! TheLooks saw what most of us saw. You talked with experience so we felt that you sold those houses. That would have made your claim of increased value because you had solar on your house validated! However, precived value is not the same as actual value, that we ASSumed was your witness!

I know that solar is a commodity, and I know that because it is now listed among the many stats on the usdebt clock, as such, As much literature as I mull through, the consensus is adding solar does little to add value. Payback is based on a few things!

Fuel prices
Price of labor (for the numbers to work that the salesman quoted you, you must count the hours of labor for ROI).

I am glad this is an RV forum where I am watched because my views are so not mainstream! That almost makes me an unauthorized moderator that can easily direct the owners stepping in on threads that get out of hand and outside the forums perview!!!
You can twist and turn. You are clearly inexperienced in home solar photovoltaic systems and home resale. You two are quite the couple. One lies and the other backs him up. You two are clearly fools and I will not waste my time with either. Neither are knowledgeable and have zero experience. Enjoy your foolishness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back