RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Here’s an problem I bet none of you have had to solve...so, my wife is staying out in the coach with one of our cats named Mrs Norris. She’s been doing great in the coach, and loves being an only child with my wife. My wife was in the bathroom, and hears Mrs Norris meowing...thinks nothing of it, as she’s pretty talkative. She leaves the bathroom, and can’t find her, but she hears her. I get a frantic phone call at 2am...Mrs Norris is under the televator, in the cabinet and can’t figure out how to get out. So I go out there, and sure enough, I can see her looking up at me. I cannot figure our how to get the cabinet open, so my only option is to get her out the way she went in. My wife enticed her with some snacks, and I managed to get ahold of the scruff of the neck and her head, and pulled her out. I’m sure we both will be sore tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is to block that hole with some pillows while the TV is up...any other ideas?

B35DF6F0-5C60-4D2F-A99B-C2856E503186.jpeg

Wow. Never thought of that problem.

lol, Mrs Norris. Enjoying her new found fame in the TV game! :)

Cats will find the one spot you never knew about. I had that problem in a house we used to have ...In my bathroom vanity, there was a small makeup area with kneespace. Since it was in a corner the builder installed a false wall to close off that corner. unknown to me, he’d left a 6 inch gap at the top ..we have never seen it...until the cat found it and got in there. Fortunately she got herself out .

On the Tiffin, had to block some areas behind the bed when extended, to keep our cats out. They sometimes would squeeze into the small place and take a nap. There was no way to contort my body at an angle to reach behind and pull them out if we ever had to pull the slide in and they were back there. Solution was to cut some furniture foam that we found. Also, Michaels sometimes has really cheap throw pillows (a couple of bucks) that can be scrunched down to block the space. The pillows are cheaper than the foam, and look nicer too.

When I got Elli, while RVing in AZ, it was interesting having a new puppy on board. She was so tired from the travels, etc. and me later learning to keep her in the crate until camp is setup I would find her in areas I didn't know you could access. Dogs being den animals will find those little nooks that you don't know about when slides are in so there was a time or two I had to hunt her down to make sure I didn't crush her. Yep, learned right away in the crate until setup.

I may have had a similar issue once.

FCC198E5-FEB5-4943-AB96-1B3B0F563978.jpeg

That’s underneath the bed by the slide motor.

@WardSimmons told me about a hidden area next to the rear side of the queen bed on the New Aire's. I had to get down on my hands and knees to find it and realized that it is the same place our dog hid during thunderstorms. It is a great storage area for seldom needed items.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back