Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Starlink is getting confusing, or the social media influencers are making it confusing!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I saw an ad on social media and clicked it as the dishy looked small, maybe this is it? Nope, and then I looked at the Starlink site a little more in the "Specifications" area where four different dishy's are listed. We all heard about the new Gen 3, well, it's just a different type of antenna setup. Yeah, the router is improved by the motorized dishy is still there too. There is the newest one which we recently heard about, it's a stationary dishy, then we have what we all know, that wakes up, points itself, etc. and then there are the high performance and stationary, or whatever it's called.

So it seems if you want Starlink you choose your option and pay attention to the specs to get what you want. It's becoming a confusing landscape misled by the news we read about it, IMHO.

As an old guy growing up with land lines, no cell phone and having most all news come from newspapers, most all internet related stuff confuses me. Trying to keep up to speed is a daunting task! 😳

Latest resources

Back