Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I saw on social media chat about reduced pricing, I checked mine by looking to add a Gen3 and it's now $499, for me. It seems to vary by your location. I'm still staying with my Gen2 as I rarely need Starlink with my Pepwave setup but still keeping a "side eye" on Starlink and their offerings.

Just paid $299 for the standard (newer) dish via BestBuy discounted offer.
So, since I am now committed...
I bought the standard dish (not the newer Mini) for the larger profile that should be better in less than ideal circumstances (inland boat, slight tree cover, etc).
So, my plan is to move the dish to the vehicle I am using for that minute. Question: I assume the service locked to the Dish? Or to the Router?
I believe I have read that the service can be purchased month to month...true? Easy?

Yes. If you have the roam plan you can suspend service. You do it in the app. I don’t know the answer to your first question but I would imagine both.

Just paid $299 for the standard (newer) dish via BestBuy discounted offer.
So, since I am now committed...
I bought the standard dish (not the newer Mini) for the larger profile that should be better in less than ideal circumstances (inland boat, slight tree cover, etc).
So, my plan is to move the dish to the vehicle I am using for that minute. Question: I assume the service locked to the Dish? Or to the Router?
I believe I have read that the service can be purchased month to month...true? Easy?
Service is locked to the dish. The router is generic and not necessary. I don’t use the router.

Service is locked to the dish. The router is generic and not necessary. I don’t use the router.
That's what I assumed. Looks like I need to put together a 12volt POE ethernet system to power the dish. Any flavors you like?

How well does this work in bad weather?

It works ok in rain. However, when there is a lot of electricity in the sky, it suffers.
Clouds are not an issue.
Snow??? Do not go there…

Question for Starlink guru’s

Do you have to use Starlink router on the standard dish? Or can you just go straight to Pepwave? If you were just now purchasing which would you buy, standard or mini?
Only considering the mobile dish not permanent roof top installed

You can use any good router. But you need to power the dish over POE (power over ethernet). Depends on what generation dish you have for how many watts of power is needed.

Latest resources

Back