• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Connected to pepwave.

1724786716088.png

1724786672924.png

1724786782495.png

Don't want the router option, that's just going to control Wi-Fi settings. As you see in the Starlink settings it is offering you what I believe are all available options. I think what you want to try per your 5G store conversation is to reset the obstruction map. I'm curious how Pepwave can do something the Starlink app cannot.

Page 11 mentions the option.

Attachments

• firmware-8.5.0rc1-release-notes.pdf
    188.9 KB · Views: 4
I did some googling, it appears to be related to the health check. What you may want to do is just disable the health check on Starlink (WAN).

I did a reset of obstruction and because I am on the roof I have no obstructions that starlink has determined to be an issue. I’ll try disabling wan health check.

One thing 5g support wanted me to do in the beta release is check the ignore obstruction outages feature they added.

Added an “Ignore ObstructionOutages” option in the Starlink WAN

I am not big on updating firmware that is not GA. I have been burned badly before. But if our commander sys admin says I have to do it, then.

I've used the beta's before, wasn't a big deal but I don't think you need to go down that path. I don't know how Pepwave can determine a SL obstruction outage.

Just realize if you disable health checks then you are preventing failover such as to a cellular backup. For example if you have WAN (SL) in Priority 1 and Cellular in Priority 2.

Now if you get fancy someday and use SpeedFusion Hub like some of us are using then you can put both in SpeedFusion and never know one failed or was degraded. But if you don't have unlimited cellular it's not recommended as you're sending everything up both paths all the time and eating bandwidth.

Just have to understand what you're doing and also give SL some time. It's not going to be perfect at every location just like SAT TV. Good to have your backup options and understand how it all plays in your Internet game.

I agree. SL is definitely a game changer and since we got SL it’s been very good compared to just cellular as I have the paddle antennas and sometimes it wasn’t great. We are running our companies from the road and this has gone much better than before so we are good for the moment.

we installed the high performance dish a few months ago and do not use a Starlink router... since day one our connection has been solid and im sure we are on an older pepwave firmware... when we get on the road this weekend i will check and see what version we are on...

The 8.5 firmware for pepwave is now available.

Latest resources

Back