Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Actually, it's probably not in the AV cabinet, but somewhere else there is a problem. For instance, I can search out all the OTA channels but when I try to program the TV's in the coach, one will tune in 25 channels, another will get 28, and the outside TV will get 3. So, what's up with that?

Have the strength of the signal at the post checked. I had a similar problem and the AV guy atthe park found a weak signal at the pedestal.

This was after I changed all of the splitters and terminated them all, to no avail.

Have the strength of the signal at the post checked. I had a similar problem and the AV guy atthe park found a weak signal at the pedestal.

This was after I changed all of the splitters and terminated them all, to no avail.
No signal at the pedestal, this is OTA being received by the antenna on the roof of the coach. And it's not just at this stop, it's been happening since I bought the coach. It just wasn't a big enough problem that I worried about it. But since we've been on the road, I'm more likely to receive OTA programming that anything else.

My guess is that the splitters need to be replaced, as you mentioned doing.

Jim, I have read of this happening before. IIRC, it is a function of signal loss through the various coax cables and connections. I think you’re on to it already.

I am sure you have done this, but is your booster off?

Even at my sticks and bricks home, different model TVs, in different locations in the house, don't all 'scan' the same OTA channels, even though with my relatively sophisticated amplified internal cabling distribution system, the signal strength is pretty consistent in every outlet. It's the sensitivity of the individual TV tuners themselves that cause the differences. For the one oddball in your setup, you almost certainly have a bad connection somewhere with your rig's main antenna. Or none at all.

There is a walllplate somewhere with a button and green light. This is is to boost the OTA signal. You turn it off for cable and on for OTA.

Two issues going on. One is addressed in the thread below. The other is old TV's. I just replaced all of my TV's and it made a world of difference with COAX connectivity.

Two issues going on. One is addressed in the thread below. The other is old TV's. I just replaced all of my TV's and it made a world of difference with COAX connectivity.

Thanks Neal! I remember this thread now! Good stuff.

Latest resources

Back