Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rvking63

RVF Supporter
The 2018 Alante 31v. Does or doesn't come with rear track bar. Replacing bump stocks with sumo springs a good idea?

I have a 31V, it has sumo springs front and rear and a Supersteer stabilizer. In winds handling is really scary. I just had an alignment done and they adjusted the lash in the steering box and centered the steering stabilizer, that helpeda lot. I then installed a rear track bar, that made driving in windy conditions much better. Still not 100 %.
Ford should be ashamed for putting these chassis on the road. I don't know if I am willing to put 2 shocks on all four corners, upgrade the sway bars, etc. Maybe this rv needs to be sold.

I have a 31V, it has sumo springs front and rear and a Supersteer stabilizer. In winds handling is really scary. I just had an alignment done and they adjusted the lash in the steering box and centered the steering stabilizer, that helpeda lot. I then installed a rear track bar, that made driving in windy conditions much better. Still not 100 %.
Ford should be ashamed for putting these chassis on the road. I don't know if I am willing to put 2 shocks on all four corners, upgrade the sway bars, etc. Maybe this rv needs to be sold.
This question is not suspension related. When your inverter is on do you have power to all outlets, including the microwave?

We have a 2020 Alante 26X. We've added a steering stabilizer, front and rear Sumo Springs and a rear track bar. This has made a world of difference in the handling of our coach. We had this work done a Safety Plus. They have shops in Tallapossa, GA and Ocala, FL. We highly recommend this company, they do great work at a fair price.

Latest resources

Back