Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CaptainGizmo

RVF Expert
SoCal...relax, we're one of the good ones! ;-)
RV Year
RV Make
Newell
RV Model
2020P
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Fulltimer
No
Well well well…just as we’ve all found; T-Mobile has just proven that they have no problem with using a PepWave router on their system. As other carriers have no clue, throttle, or flat out block a PepWave router, T-Mobile has stepped out in front and not just approved, but BUNDLED a package with a data plan!

Gotta love their customer support!

Attachments

• 5g_router_100gb_bundle flyer-tmo-peplink.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 13
If only they had a plan with enough data. $50 for 100gb isn’t terrible but if they came out with a 500gb plan I would definitely be interested.

If only they had a plan with enough data. $50 for 100gb isn’t terrible but if they came out with a 500gb plan I would definitely be interested.
Yeah. The big question I have is, what kind of differences you’d experience compared to the standard “tablet add-on” SIMs.

Now if they will only allow FMCA plan subscribers to move their SIM to a pep wave, that would be ideal. :)

On our current month FMCA plan currently at 262GB with 13 days remaining.

I think FMCA would see a surge in new members if they were able to negotiate the SIM from their plan to work in the Pepwave.

Now if they will only allow FMCA plan subscribers to move their SIM to a pep wave, that would be ideal. :)

On our current month FMCA plan currently at 262GB with 13 days remaining.

I think FMCA would see a surge in new members if they were able to negotiate the SIM from their plan to work in the Pepwave.
I just spoke to some guys, including Rhett, about this issue. Being forced to use a HotSpot is a deal-breaker for me, as many others.

These integrators need to get over it and provide a stand alone SIM, or at least allow a removable SIM to be used in our enterprise routers.

I agree that the hotspot is not ideal. Based on my data usage I go through the extra aggravation right now of using it since truly unlimited plans are not common.

It was my understanding from talking to FMCA that the block to being able to use the SIM in the Pepwave is Sprint/T-Mobile. Is that your understanding?

Have only been using cellular modem/router (Peplink) products since May, 2020. My observations, over that time, suggests the cellular providers are recognizing the demand for cellular data only plans & are gradually increasing the availability of these type plans. Kudo's to T-Mobile & Peplink in their partnership.
As it relates to 3rd party resellers of legitimate grandfathered unlimited data plans (GUDPs)..... my observation over this same period of time is that the initial fee (referral/setup fee) continues to increase, the monthly fees are now higher & the unlimited GB's are subject to use restrictions imposed by the 3rd party reseller. I suspect they are looking over their shoulder at the cellular providers with their data only plan offerings, future 5G, as well as, Starlink. I suspect they are trying to get their money now because a paradigm shift is coming.
Like all internet connectivity options, there is a finite amount of band with available at any given location..... regardless of how you connect. I doubt there is any ISP, fiber, cable, DSL, WIFI, or cellular that designs their network for peak demand. Wish that wasn't the case, but it's reality.
As for the FMCA Sprint/T-Mobile plan. I suspect they also block the SIM usage in Cradlepoint & other enterprise grade cellular modem/routers.
With that said, I've read of people running over 1700 GB a month through their FMCA plan & others complaining the coverage is weak to non existent. However, it the SIM would function in my Peplink device, without issue, I would certainly consider using it to supplement what I already have.
How quickly we lose sight of what internet connectivity was like in the '80's. Progress is wonderful, but, never fast enough.

I'm almost willing to cancel my AT&T 100gb sim card and get a second T-Mobile 100 gb sim card. But I'm afraid that I might actually go somewhere that AT&T reception is better.............. :rolleyes:

Well well well…just as we’ve all found; T-Mobile has just proven that they have no problem with using a PepWave router on their system. As other carriers have no clue, throttle, or flat out block a PepWave router, T-Mobile has stepped out in front and not just approved, but BUNDLED a package with a data plan!

Gotta love their customer support!

I know this is an older thread, but does anyone here know if there is a reseller still offering this 100G T-Mobile Peplink capable plan??

Thanks in advance

Scott

You can walk into a T-Mobile store and get it any time. $50 for 100GB. They won’t have the pepwave in stock but you can get the SIM and pop it into any pepwave that supports T-Mobile.

Latest resources

Back