• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Take That Flag Down Or Get Out

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Then I asked both of them if they knew what the blue line American flag stood for ...
Decal on the side of our Jeep.

Attachments

• DSC02873.JPG
    DSC02873.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC02871.JPG
    DSC02871.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 52
That looks really good!

In today’s world I have gone back to just not talking about politics or religion. Glad you stood up to what you think was right, you earned it for your service. I too fly a blue line flag as both my sons are police officers and have been amazed that it has offended some. Can’t do anything these days without offending someone ?

Quite a few campgrounds have policies regarding firearms, actually; but they are rarely enforced. As @USMCRet said, it is primarily for insurance purposes. Frequently, these firearms policies are in fine print somewhere and not displayed very prominently. IME, the most common policy simply says firearms "use" on the premises is prohibited.

We travel with firearms...always...and never mention them unless asked directly. If asked, I just say "we have them in an approved, locking container inside the motorhome." We have never had an issue. The "approved, locking container" satisfies most of the state requirements you will run into, except for New York and, possibly, a couple of other eastern states. Now, we only keep the "approved locking container" locked when we need to. ;) And, it can be locked with the press of a button, if need be.

We have found that by not displaying gun-related stickers (NRA, 2nd Amendment, et.) and not mentioning firearms to others we don't know keeps our profile low. The one exception is if I am carrying (per my concealed carry permit) and have contact with a police officer, I identify myself as being "legally armed" and I keep my hands in plain sight until we are both on the same page.

TJ

A l
You are so right John. Years ago we could even joke with friends and neighbors about our differences. Those days are long gone. We don't even bring up certain things at large family gatherings anymore.
A lot of folks say that polarization is what’s wrong with the country today. I tend to not think so. It’s the villainization of people by those who have a different opinion. There’s nothing wrong with being a Trump supporter, Clinton supporter, Obama supporter, Bush supporter, Gun Rights supporter, Gun Control supporter, Environment supporter.
People have just forgotten how to have meaningful conversations with each other.

I’d challenge everyone on this forum, if you see someone flying a flag or rocking a bumper sticker that you don’t agree with, maybe talk to em about it. Don’t villanize them, just have a good conversation. Ask em about it. Yeah, some folks are going to tell you to take a walk but I’d bet you’ll be surprised by how many wouldn’t if you approach them the right way and in a respectful manner. Those conversations are the only way to come to understand each other’s perspectives and learn why we all support what we support. You might change their mind. They might change yours. More likely, you’ll both still have different views, but hey, you might get a free beer out of it and possibly even a new friend. Certainly, you’ll at least get a little more understanding about those on the opposite side of the fence from you.

You wanna complain about my flag (sidenote: I dont fly a flag BUT IF I DID)? Come knock on my door and complain to me. Don’t go tattle to the park management like a 7 year old. And dont mind me when I immediately walk away from you back into my rig, I’m just grabbing you a beer and a chair.

Pretty amazing @FL-JOE, I’m glad you didn’t take it down. As @turbopilot said, that’d be an awful slippery slope.

All across America the flags fly...
C01208D4-6E5C-4A9B-8164-C390D4522854.jpeg

And dont mind me when I immediately walk away from you back into my rig, I’m just grabbing you a beer and a chair.
Remind me to knock on your door and complain about something...anything. Any craft IPA will be just fine! The chair is optional; I can drink beer just standing around. :ROFLMAO:

FL-Joe: Thanks on all accounts.

Remind me to knock on your door and complain about something...anything. Any craft IPA will be just fine! The chair is optional; I can drink beer just standing around. :ROFLMAO:
Sorry, you won’t get an IPA from me. They taste like feet. Hope you like Lagers, maybe a Belgian Triple if you’re lucky.

Actually, my preference runs to amber and dark ales, but I'd never turn down a lager and the opportunity for engaging conversation. ;)

TJ

Latest resources

Back