• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tampa super show

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We drove up and attended last year. For us it was one of those experiences that is interesting to do about every 3 or 4 years. It is fun to see all the different baby buggies being pushed around with dogs in them by my generation. I guess the 60's were harder on some of us than others.

It has been three years since we went, looking for stuff I didn't know I needed.

Last edited:
We will be there. Having some work done by the Newmar team I worked with last year at the Factory Service Center.

It has been three years since we went, looking for stuff I didn't no I needed.
Now that's funny! Two years ago we bought a Cricket golf cart at the show because I was convinced we needed one. Turns out it only made us gain weight. I sold it and we walk now. That said, we have been there for the last 4 years and will again this year. My favorite "rally".

We'll be there with the NKK rally. 3rd year in a row. We enjoy being around all those Newmars, old and new.

I see on the other site that the Hoots are having their gathering again, 3-6PM Friday 1/17.

Anybody attend the show today (Wednesday)? Just curious how traffic was getting into the show. I saw somewhere that it was backed up 10 miles on I-4. Just trying to confirm as we are headed that way tomorrow from Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got back to our hotel. Drove in right at 9:00 this morning. No traffic at all. Coming out of the lot at 3:00 didn’t see any traffic along 574. Some moderate traffic (slow but moving) from I-4 heading towards the fairgrounds on 304.

It was pretty hot today. Large crowds inside at the vendor tables - people trying to cool down. Not too bad getting in/out of both Tiffin and Newmar. Ran into a few rude people

I edited my previous post-I didn’t realize it had posted. ?

We are staying at Tampa South RV resort, 25 miles south. We drove up yesterday at 10:00 and got on Hwy 574 to light traffic. Then came to a stop! We’ve never been there before so had no idea why. All the traffic was to get into the fairgrounds. It took 30 minutes to get to the entrance and another 20 minutes to get to a parking space. CRAZY.

On an interesting front, we drove by all the Newmars parked along the south entrance at Gate 3. We saw some incredible, beautiful rigs. They went on forever as we inched along. Great advertising for Newmar!

It was the biggest show we’ve ever been to. The sheer size was amazing. Easy to get lost. And the heat was a bummer. We anticipated a little cooler (we dressed for hot weather and still sweated like crazy) and the air conditioners on the rigs just couldn’t keep up.

At the show we headed for the Newmar’s. We wanted to look at Dutch Stars and Ventanas. They had every model out. They really did great with the DSs. They had 3-4 4081s and 3-4 4369s. Which is what we are comparing.

We’ve never been able to compare at the dealer like that...it was worth the drive to Tampa just to compare the styles and colors.

We then went and looked at Tiffins...Yuck. They all smelled like chemicals and were just nasty. We’ve seen them before, however, I don’t recall the overwhelming chemical smell. Never again.

Then on to Entegra. I look at Entegras every time we pull our rig out of storage at NIRVC. Seeing them all lined up and comparing to the DS made us realize that Newmar is the way to go. Now is it 40‘ or 43’....

We are going back on Friday. We will go out earlier to avoid traffic.

Last edited:
The front gate was closed on the day you arrived. Traffic was a major pain as you discovered. We are on the front row at he Newmar KK Rally. We sat sipping coffee watching the endless line of vehicles of all sorts roll in. The main gate is open now so arrival should not be as difficult. Saturday will be the busiest day by far.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back