Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450hp
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford F250 4X4
Fulltimer
No
We are not the "normal" RV'rs I use the motor home primarily for business. I take it to a city and then stay for up to a week then back home. Secondarily we go to a Field Trial to run our dogs for the weekend. So again from A to B then back to A. Lastly we use it a little to travel and spending time with family. I have always used a Garmin when we are in the RV. I gave a slight look at RV Life but thought it was more designed for the traveler who was on a trek across the US. We bought a 1090 a couple of months ago so this might be a moot point.

How, if at all would RV Life benefit us.

I have recently started using RVLife more, after subscribing to it when we first got started then forgetting about it. Realized I was paying for it about a month ago, so I started using it to see if I should keep paying for it.

The GPS functionality is pretty good in my opinion. It allows you to put in your RV height, weight and length and then gives you turn-by-turn navigation directions that takes into account your RV's routing restrictions. The app is also CarPlay and Android Auto enabled. So if you have a 5th wheel or travel trailer and are pulling with a relatively late model truck that has CarPlay or Android Auto in the center stack, then the map and directions will appear there.

In terms of reviews, I frankly do not pay much attention to reviews anywhere at all. I find them all too subjective. I do my research about the campground, looking at their listed amenities, nearby attractions and photos then I make my decision. So I can't really say whether the reviews for various campgrounds on there are accurate or not.

It does seem to be the most comprehensive listing of campgrounds in a single app that I have found. So its nice to have all of that in a single place, rather than spread across 3 different apps. I would be really nice if they added Harvest Hosts and integrated HarvestHost booking into the app, but that's not a capability it has at the moment.

I have no experience with RV Life but have tried the demo of the RV Trip Wizard and some of my friends swear it is the best planner available. I tried it when it was still in it's development infancy, but it looked to be promising then once the bugs were worked out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back