• Commercial/Vendors welcome

The fun resumes…or not

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The switch on our rig is a spring loaded momentary switch - and it has to be held for 5 or 10 seconds. Regen will not start instantly.
Perfect - that makes sense and is what I expected to hear. Thanks.

Perfect - that makes sense and is what I expected to hear. Thanks.
Yes, momentary switch to either cancel or start the regen.

I thought in 2024 Cummins / engine manufacturers were required to offer the ability to regen, etc. @redbaron I think you mentioned something about this some time ago?
Enforcement is another topic all together. NHTSA is responsible for enforcement and we all know how slow they are on some topics. Just depends how much feedback they get.

Well...my Ancel HD100 came yesterday.

I paired it with my phone via Ancel Trucker app. It communicates with the coach. It has a DPF Regen feature for the Cummins Engines...but I just can't bring myself into forcing an unnecessary regen. So, when the day comes...that I need to gorce a Regen, I guess I'll find out if it works or not. I had a technician force a regen back when the coach needed a new fuel injector...other than that...knock on wood...it has been doing a good job with passive regens.

The HD100 dis show me my soot load in the dpf is 0% right now... so, I guess the coach has been doing a good job on it's own.

I hope this tool is like insurance...there if you needed...but happy that you don't!

If you look i to these...careful that they have a HD 100, HD 110, HD 120... all do trouble codes, etc...but each model only does dpf regens for two engine mfg. It won't do you any good if you have one for International and Paccar...when your coach has a Cummins.

Well...my Ancel HD100 came yesterday.

I paired it with my phone via Ancel Trucker app. It communicates with the coach. It has a DPF Regen feature for the Cummins Engines...but I just can't bring myself into forcing an unnecessary regen. So, when the day comes...that I need to gorce a Regen, I guess I'll find out if it works or not. I had a technician force a regen back when the coach needed a new fuel injector...other than that...knock on wood...it has been doing a good job with passive regens.

The HD100 dis show me my soot load in the dpf is 0% right now... so, I guess the coach has been doing a good job on it's own.

I hope this tool is like insurance...there if you needed...but happy that you don't!

If you look i to these...careful that they have a HD 100, HD 110, HD 120... all do trouble codes, etc...but each model only does dpf regens for two engine mfg. It won't do you any good if you have one for International and Paccar...when your coach has a Cummins.
Awesome! Glad it seems to work. Very tempting…but I am in a holding pattern on whether to spend any major dollars on the coach…. Need to see what the next year brings. Will be curious if you ever need it.

And thanks for pointing out the model differences.

Rich

Or is it not reading the soot level? I need to first update my device, which I do from time to time, then see what it shows me. Glad you have something...and I think you can start a regen and then stop it soon after just to make sure you can perform one as @Rich W. just did in a comparison of information with me.

The odd things about soot level and it's a mystery is what is the level when a regen is needed? If you're reading it you may see values such as 200%. No clue on how these numbers are measured and what's really "in dire need" of regen status.

True…I have no track record with one of these things. I thought about starting and stopping…but don’t know how smart it would be to have it start dumping fuel into the ATS, and then stop the procedure with it un-burnt. Wish I knew more bout these things. My ‘98 Dodge didn’t have an after treatment system. And the Coach has been doing it’s thing without help from me…so far.

Hi @Chuggs ,

The Ancel HD100 (For Cummins)has a $50 coupon this morning (Amazon) bringing it back down to the $200 mark like on prime day. Is it worth getting? Sounds like you were pretty happy with it for the price.

Rich

I was just happy it paired and read data. I wish I could let you borrow mine to try out. I am happy to at least think I have a tool to let me start a forced regen, if I ever find myself needing to. I'm sure the ability for it to lookup codes will help out too...not having to call FTL-HELP.

Last edited:
Ok! Thanks Charlie!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back