• Commercial/Vendors welcome

The fun resumes…or not

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here is the one I carry. Does forced regen as well.

Along with that, I spoke with the tech at Gaffney with regard to these things sitting for a while. His response was to start monthly and let warm up along with taking them out for a drive every two months. Just his opinion based on his knowledge but it is my new process when parked for a while.
There might be something to that….as I have never had a regen incident (knock in wood) but I do make sure that I take the RV out for a 45 minute (interstate) drive every 30 days. This also lets me run the generator, oasis, etc on a regular basis. I feel like it is also good for the tires…

There might be something to that….as I have never had a regen incident (knock in wood) but I do make sure that I take the RV out for a 45 minute (interstate) drive every 30 days. This also lets me run the generator, oasis, etc on a regular basis. I feel like it is also good for the tires…
As an add to my initial - the start and idle is at the high idle speed.

The tires is a good point as well. They do like to be used and warmed up periodically as well.

Dennis, have you ever used the HB to do a regen?

This model seems to use your phone as a display and is currently only $200 due to Amazon’s prime days…. Amazon.com

Dxmx Amazon Prime. I've been increasing Jeff's wealth already this morning.

oh crap... Looks like a very expensive scan tool is in my future.,

I have the old analog DEF head...so, maybe...fingers crossed...I don't have these episodes..

Glad you got the bad lights to go away Neal!!! That's an awesome recovery.
Assuming you have a 2015 chassis so pre-2016 emissions? You still have all the components and your system still doing periodic regens and you can still find yourself in need of a parked or forced regen. Do you know about the shorting plug for parked regens?

Rich,

Nope…. I haven’t figured out anything about a regen plug. It must have certain conditions for it to work, I’m assuming. Sounds like some type of tool might be needed if those conditions aren’t met??

Assuming you have a 2015 chassis so pre-2016 emissions? You still have all the components and your system still doing periodic regens and you can still find yourself in need of a parked or forced regen. Do you know about the shorting plug for parked regens?

Edit 7/17: For those curious, here is the letter from Daimler concerning the 2017-2021 6.7 emissions warranty extension:

View attachment 24907

View attachment 24908

Rich,

Nope…. I haven’t figured out anything about a regen plug. It must have certain conditions for it to work, I’m assuming. Sounds like some type of tool might be needed if those conditions aren’t met??
It does have specific conditions. Your DPF lamp has to be on indicating that you need a regen and driving conditions aren’t allowing passive and active regens to keep up. The shorting plug (dumb name for it but oh well) is below the dash on the left side right by your J1939 port.

Below are instructions and a picture of mine:
IMG_3515.jpeg

IMG_0650.jpeg

You can only do a regen this way if the system is calling for one. You need an external device (such as a code reader with regen capability) to do a forced regen, but theoretically, you don’t need one and the shorting plug will get you through. I’ve never used it because I’ve always had a means to do periodic forced regens to prevent the need while on the road but I’ve seen accounts of folks using it successfully.

This model seems to use your phone as a display and is currently only $200 due to Amazon’s prime days…. Amazon.com

Thanks Rich!,, You da man!!!

I know it might not do everything the other tool does…but for 1/3 the price,,,I’m IN!
It does have specific conditions. Your DPF lamp has to be on indicating that you need a regen and driving conditions aren’t allowing passive and active regens to keep up. The shorting plug (dumb name for it but oh well) is below the dash on the left side right by your J1939 port.

Below are instructions and a picture of mine:
View attachment 24911

View attachment 24912

You can only do a regen this way if the system is calling for one. You need an external device (such as a code reader with regen capability) to do a forced regen, but theoretically, you don’t need one and the shorting plug will get you through. I’ve never used it because I’ve always had a means to do periodic forced regens to prevent the need while on the road but I’ve seen accounts of folks using it successfully.
Excellent…added to the brain trust. I have seen that little doohickey. I’m most greatful!

Looks like they have an Ancel HD100 and an Ancel HD110. I almost bit on the 110 because it said NEWER. But it does two other vehicle regens where the 100 does Cummins. Stoked to have the option available.

Latest resources

Back