• Commercial/Vendors welcome

The Trip Home

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don't have levelers and I really like that. 10 air bags and air level. The only time chocks come out is if I have to crawl under it. On this deal I borrowed the wheel chocks from my storage car hauler trailer to chock it while we worked on it.
My point was with chocks,there is no need for setting the brake. Hard for the shoes to rust to the drum if not in contact. But you knew what I was saying!

Still looking for my first trouble free trip home from Florida.
Goodness, what a trip. Sure doesn't look like the multi colored pics in the advertisement, does it?

For what it's worth, my last 4.5 month trip from NC to FL and back, wasn't much better. But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

Coach Glass has been trying hard to find me a windshield installer. They email me they think they've found one in my home area but the shop wants a picture of the front of my coach. I sent it, not feeling too confident in their ability if they need a pic.

Coach Glass emails me again, says this shop (The Glass Doctor) will install the windshield but they're quite high and Coach Glass will have to get additional approvals. The Glass Doctor won't come to my shop, which is large, concrete, and level. They say I have to take it to them.

I look them up on Google Earth and street view, I think that their shop looks quite small so I drove out there. Door not wide enough for my coach, building not big enough for my coach, I guess they were going to do the job outside. However there really doesn't even look like there's a place outside big enough to even park my coach.

Sending email today to Coach Glass telling them to forget The Glass Doctor. After seeing their shop I have no confidence in them. I'll just stop at Coach Glass's Lakeland Florida facility on my way to our winter hangout. Let people who do this every day do it and do it right.
A little more clear packing tape should hold me together for the 900 or so miles to get there.

I just want to thank @Fish for posting this story becuase this is one I wouldn’t have thought of. Some time ago I posted about a similar issue lamenting that all I wanted was a mistake free day. I don’t recall what the dilemma Du jour was, but it seemed like there was always something. I’ve slowed down on everything (prep, driving, set-up etc) and I triple check enough to be diagnosed with OCD, but it is paying off and these forums have a lot to do with that. I’ve even had a few “mistake free days” since then!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back