• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Time for a new Keurig

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I always found 8 oz to be acceptable as long as it was a stronger variety of coffee - Starbucks Sumatra or Espresso roast form instance. Unlike tea, weak coffee is simply intolerable.

I do the 10oz with the strong option and its perfect for me, coffee flavor/taste is subjective.

not sure if the newer models have that, I have an older keurig made before they started the digital rights system to validate the pods.

My favorite was the Nespresso Vertuo we had.

Unfortunately, when we picked that up I found out I had a $100 a month coffee habit 😀 at just about $1 per pod.

Did make great coffee though. At the house we ended up with a regular machine and the Nespresso both.

We now have a k cup machine in the coach that also takes the original Nespresso pods so I can get my strong espresso when I want.

We're on the dark side. Both of us like our 12 cup percolator using freshly ground original 8 O'Clock coffee beans. It makes a good cup of coffee....

It finally arrived...I got the K-Supreme SMART Plus for the S&B and it arrived yesterday. Price dropped to $160 so I jumped on it, wasn't Prime delivery so it took forever and two days to get here.

I used it today for the first time (twice) and it worked well. I'd like to compare it with my previous one at some point and see if I can notice a difference. One thing I like is that there is no turning this on or off. It's always "on" per se, I guess it heats the water so fast now that it turns on when you raise the lid to insert a pod which is cool.

As I know I'll want to put one in the coach I have this K-Supreme SMART (non plug) coming and should be here tomorrow.

Now this idea I love! Brew using the app and it’ll be ready before I even have to get up to walk dogs-perfect!

Pretty bad when the universal k-cup filter is so complicated you have to go to YouTube. And yes, I did my brew this morning wrong, I didn't know to remove the red doofer. I watched a video last night but it didn't address that. I'm sure it's in the manual, it always is, but well, you know...

Watched this and now I'm signing myself off as certified.

Thank you for this! I got a new Kuerig for the trailer that has multistream. My machine at home does not, and I wouldn't have known that the red plug needs to be removed!

Well, not so fast. This morning I tried it with the red plug in and I saw water coming down the back wall so I removed it for my second use. I've been wanting to research this further and it seems the guidance is to NEVER remove it (from Keurig).

Since there seems to be so much confusion about this (and because I just got a new multistream unit) I contacted the company for the latest guidance. Here's their response:

Thank you for contacting us. The red plug is applied to the lid for the My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter to work across all of our Home Brewer Models. It prevents water or coffee from backup into the brewer for single needle brewers. The red plug should always remain attached to the Lid of the My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter. The only time you will need to remove the red plug is for cleaning.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time. Thank you and have a good day.

Sincerely,
Janice
Keurig Consumer Care
www.keurig.com
1 866 901 BREW (2739)

Nope nope nope and NOPE! Red thingy is now in the trash. It does not work as outlined above, the water is spraying outside the reusable filter and down edges, etc. I thought maybe I put too much coffee grounds in and tried a second time with grounds just above the filter area and same problems. Throw it away!

Nope nope nope and NOPE! Red thingy is now in the trash. It does not work as outlined above, the water is spraying outside the reusable filter and down edges, etc. I thought maybe I put too much coffee grounds in and tried a second time with grounds just above the filter area and same problems. Throw it away!
A friend just suggested the

Sunvivi Coffee Maker, Single Serve Brewer for Single Cup, One Cup Coffee Maker With Permanent Filter, 6oz to 14oz Mug, One-touch Control Button with Illumination,Red (ETL Certified)​

Almost 5,000 reviews with an overall 4/5 rating...worth checking out!

A friend just suggested the

Sunvivi Coffee Maker, Single Serve Brewer for Single Cup, One Cup Coffee Maker With Permanent Filter, 6oz to 14oz Mug, One-touch Control Button with Illumination,Red (ETL Certified)​

Almost 5,000 reviews with an overall 4/5 rating...worth checking out!
Ugh...made in China. :(

Latest resources

Back