• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Time for a new Keurig

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think Mr. Coffee is rolling over in his grave. I had a pretty basic coffee maker and now I guess the Cuisinart I have now is slightly more fancy but i only drink my coffee black. I tried flavored creamers and it made it more expensive and less appealing so that was an easy decision. I read somewhere the fellow who invented k-cups wished he never had now that enough have been discarded to circle the earth 8 or 9 times if placed end to end. The expense is impressive too, even at Costco bought in bulk they're still ~10× more expensive per cup than a basic coffee maker. I have succumbed to grinding my own beans but I have a hard limit of no more than $5/lb which I can usually find at Costco but dumping $5T of fresh printed money on the formerly free market has done away with better than half the options I used to have. When it goes on sale, I stock up!

I use my Keurig these days for hot water to brew my first cup of tea. Weird….still getting used to the idea of not being a coffee drinker, although I don’t miss it.
I have tried for years to become a tea drinker - tried a variety of teas, have all kinds of gorgeous teacups and accoutrements, but it never 'took'. Just occasionally.

I think Mr. Coffee is rolling over in his grave. I had a pretty basic coffee maker and now I guess the Cuisinart I have now is slightly more fancy but i only drink my coffee black. I tried flavored creamers and it made it more expensive and less appealing so that was an easy decision. I read somewhere the fellow who invented k-cups wished he never had now that enough have been discarded to circle the earth 8 or 9 times if placed end to end. The expense is impressive too, even at Costco bought in bulk they're still ~10× more expensive per cup than a basic coffee maker. I have succumbed to grinding my own beans but I have a hard limit of no more than $5/lb which I can usually find at Costco but dumping $5T of fresh printed money on the formerly free market has done away with better than half the options I used to have. When it goes on sale, I stock up!
I like the succumbed part of your post. I grind mine with a burr grinder. Less heat, less oil, and a 3 lbs bag produces the same cup at the end of the bag as the beginning, only one cup a day!. But anything other than a few organic coffee brands, turn my stomach when I found out what I had been drinking. That seems to be true nowadays when you read the ingredients on almost all processed foods. So I keep promising myself one day that expensive coffee grinder will become a spice grinder when I wheen myself from wanting a cup with Joe in the morning! Come to think of it,, even that comment turns my stomach.

The ingredients on "tea leaves" me thinking water is the only way in my near future.

I am finding myself wanting to read the ingredients list when I sit down with a menu in hand. Knowing what they are putting in our food has taken the fun out of dinning out. It's not about the cost, no it is about so much more, BUT I GET IT!

I like the succumbed part of your post. I grind mine with a burr grinder. Less heat, less oil, and a 3 lbs bag produces the same cup at the end of the bag as the beginning, only one cup a day!. But anything other than a few organic coffee brands, turn my stomach when I found out what I had been drinking. That seems to be true nowadays when you read the ingredients on almost all processed foods. So I keep promising myself one day that expensive coffee grinder will become a spice grinder when I wheen myself from wanting a cup with Joe in the morning! Come to think of it,, even that comment turns my stomach.

The ingredients on "tea leaves" me thinking water is the only way in my near future.

I am finding myself wanting to read the ingredients list when I sit down with a menu in hand. Knowing what they are putting in our food has taken the fun out of dinning out. It's not about the cost, no it is about so much more, BUT I GET IT!

Meh, there’s micro plastics in your water too, unless you’re distilling it yourself. I think it’s better to enjoy life. ☕

My fung'schwaay is settling in on the new Keurig setup. One thing that is nice is that there is no major boiler heating up noise or event like with the prior unit and I'm wondering if it's a more energy efficient situation too. In the past when boondocking this energy spike could cause me to hit my low battery cutoff (LBCO) voltage and shut my power off. I'll see how this works the end of this week when I start my 11 day boondocking adventure.

New Keurig boondock test went well. Only a 0.5 volt drop but it does pull around 120 amps during the brew. Prior setup had a pretty hard spike while the boiler was heating up at power on.

As my home office is on the 3rd floor (finished attic) of my house I decided to not run up and down all of those stairs! to get a coffee. So I figured I'd get a single serve Keurig and try it out, simple and to the point. I have to say, it makes a great cup of coffee! You fill the amount of water you want in your mug, pour that in, insert pod, press and wait. I really like it. The only concern for someone in a RV like mine where the outlets are on the underside of the cabinets is it has a pretty short cord length for the plug.

Amazon product ASIN B07N3G8GRY
FYI @sheridany - this was purchased over a month ago when well under quota (daily of course).

Actually I have one as well. It’s really convenient and good for driving days. it’s on the list of approved purchases.

I wish they would make a 12v unit, or at the least something battery operated 18v or 24v Makita or Milwaukee powered

Latest resources

Back