Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Swissmiss

RVF Regular
Just to help settle something between spouse and I. We are snowbirds. I spend every second I can outside either walking, bike riding or just sitting outside the camper. I’m the same at home. Always on the deck outside. Hubby - spends all time in the RV watching TV and looking at his phone. Only time he comes out is when I’ve given him enough side-eye that he’ll walk the dog with me. He’s either too hot, too cold, suns too bright or his hips hurt too much to walk. Ugh! Come on. I’m letting this bother me a whole lot. Neighbors have noticed. I’m ready to tell him we are selling the RV and staying in the north for the winter because what’s it matter if he just going to stay inside 🤷‍♀️. Only problem is I’m hurting myself because I love doing this. And no, I haven’t much expressed my dismay because he’s obstinate like that and I know he’s well aware of it. Seriously though, we get along great except for this. Thoughts.

"To each their own..." - you may enjoy something, he enjoys his thing, compromise and don't force it one way or the other. Some just like peace and relaxation or whatever they do for mental stimulation whether TV, computer, reading a book, listing to music or audio books, etc. and others may need outdoor activities.

People are different. My wife does not likebanything associated with the MH, traveling on the road, or camping. So I am a snow bird and she stays home.

And i spli my time between being inside, and out. I bought the coach becauseI love spending time in it.

Btw, I would not trade her for even a Newell and a Marathon coach.

Enjoy each other as you can, and cherish the time you get to spend together. Life is very short, even if it is 120 years long.

People are different. My wife does not likebanything associated with the MH, traveling on the road, or camping. So I am a snow bird and she stays home.

And i spli my time between being inside, and out. I bought the coach becauseI love spending time in it.

Btw, I would not trade her for even a Newell and a Marathon coach.

Enjoy each other as you can, and cherish the time you get to spend together. Life is very short, even if it is 120 years long.
Interesting that you snowbird on your own. Thanks for the insight. I appreciate your response. I try to just let it go but I think perhaps it’s what others think that gets to me. Plus the fact that he misses so many opportunities to socialize by not being outside. And doesn’t it just seem like all the male folk in our vicinity are just outside every second 😭.

"To each their own..." - you may enjoy something, he enjoys his thing, compromise and don't force it one way or the other. Some just like peace and relaxation or whatever they do for mental stimulation whether TV, computer, reading a book, listing to music or audio books, etc. and others may need outdoor activities.
I like your thinking on this. I needed to hear that. I try - but I find I just build up so much resentment.

Can’t keep it in… the resentment only builds up. Meet some of your neighbors with likewise interests. Enjoy everything the outdoors offers. It will help with clearing the mind. Oh, expect dinner to be ready when you get back! And a nice wine.

Latest resources

Back