Chassis
Ram ProMaster 3500 chassis
Engine
3.6L V6, 24 valve engine with 280 HP
TOW/TOAD
limited
Fulltimer
No
I have seen a lot of ads and a lot of confusion on using hotspots as an RV solution for internet service. Any suggestions? And, has anyone tried out TravlFi RV Internet?

I use a visible phone plan at $25 per month, unlimited, runs off of verizon towers. I hooked my phone to a small router.

GL.iNet GL-AR750S​

Run 4 tv's, tablet, desktop computer, and wifi to our Consumer Cellular phones off of it.
On the rare occasion visible slows down I hot spot my consumer cellular samsung phone which runs off ATT towers.
The only place this visible wireless internet set up doesn't work for me is here at home in So. IL where I don't need it. Verizon has very poor coverage here. I have fiber optic at home anyway.

I use a visible phone plan at $25 per month, unlimited, runs off of verizon towers. I hooked my phone to a small router.

GL.iNet GL-AR750S​

Run 4 tv's, tablet, desktop computer, and wifi to our Consumer Cellular phones off of it.
On the rare occasion visible slows down I hot spot my consumer cellular samsung phone which runs off ATT towers.
The only place this visible wireless internet set up doesn't work for me is here at home in So. IL where I don't need it. Verizon has very poor coverage here. I have fiber optic at home anyway.
Thanks for the tip!

I have seen a lot of ads and a lot of confusion on using hotspots as an RV solution for internet service. Any suggestions? And, has anyone tried out TravlFi RV Internet?
We use T-Mobil hotspot on our phones. We have done this for years with very few issues. We run our computers and our TVs. For TV we stream using ROKU and we subscribe to YouTube TV, Philo and Amazon. We have free Netflix through T-Mobil and we have Pluto and ROKU Channel free.

There have been times where we could not get signal. In some cases I doubt anything other than satellite would have worked.

Hope this helps

We use T-Mobil hotspot on our phones. We have done this for years with very few issues. We run our computers and our TVs. For TV we stream using ROKU and we subscribe to YouTube TV, Philo and Amazon. We have free Netflix through T-Mobil and we have Pluto and ROKU Channel free.

There have been times where we could not get signal. In some cases I doubt anything other than satellite would have worked.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the advice

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back