RV Year
RV Make
Thor wanderer wagon
RV Model
Toy hauler
Fulltimer
No
Hello all,
I've searched the site, but still need help please.
My Thor wonder wagon toy hauler has a water leak. I finally found the leak in the toilet stall. It's in the PEX line going from wall into back of toilet. There is only 5 inches between wall and leak at toilet. The bathroom stall is pretty small, not much moving around room. I can hardly get my hands back there let alone do a repair. How can I gain more access? Remove toilet, how? Is it possible to remove outer shell of toilet, repair line, put shell back on? The only plumbing I've done in this rig is to replace the kitchen sink faucet and outside shower faucet. I'll try and get a picture posted.

Thanks for reading, appreciate any help.
Pepper

Are we sure it's PEX?
my first vision is a ridged gray tube coming from the wall connected to the toilet valve.

Anyhow if it is PEX, to make my repairs count. I would remove the head to give myself room to work. And add a valve and a flexible toilet connecting hose, as you find on your s&b plumbing connections (Yes, the fittings are the same thread, and enterchangeable).

Personally, I would not stop there, my project would include a complete refit! Have you ever wondered why every RVer feels it is important to lower grid water pressure to their RV? of course I don't fit in with that very crowded group!

I liken most repairs on RV plumbing systems, to a person with deep lacerations needing 100 or more stitches, going to the hospital and having them use only bandages.

Thank you for the reply Kevin. Greatly appreciate your time and info.
I'm not certain it's PEX, but lines under kitchen sink are, so I assumed. I'll be back home this afternoon and take a picture to post. So, there is a process to remove the toilet in order to make repair/upgrade? I'll have to investigate that.

Thank you for the reply Kevin. Greatly appreciate your time and info.
I'm not certain it's PEX, but lines under kitchen sink are, so I assumed. I'll be back home this afternoon and take a picture to post. So, there is a process to remove the toilet in order to make repair/upgrade? I'll have to investigate that.
Yes! The Same toilet flange used in your b&s the gasket is different.

I'm fairly sure it's PEX now that I took a good look. Attached is picture. So if I remove the 2 anchor bolts on either side I can lift out the complete toilet? It looks like I gotta somehow disconnect the PEX first then anchor bolts? I do not see a valve at all.

IMG_20230620_183344206.jpgIMG_20230620_183220584.jpg

Yes PEX!

Yes the studs hold the toilet down!

Don't forget the new foam gasket for the toilet.

If you use a hose, then you can just cut the PEX when you take things apart. Then again you could use your phone camera and see what you need to unscrew.

Not a real difficult job!!!

Excellent help Kevin. Thank you sir.
Perhaps there is a valve tucked in behind toilet. I'll dig in and see what comes of it. Hopefully a non-leaking toilet in the end. I'll post back how it goes. Greatly appreciate your help and the links.

Cut the pex, install a 1/2 inch pex to 1/2 male pipe thread 1/4 turn ball valve. Then get a standard 1/2 male pipe thread to 1/2 male pipe thread stainless line, available anywhere in the length needed so you dont have a bunch to curl up and don't have to bend it around to get it onto the toilet flush valve. Simple job.

Thank you for the breakdown. Huge help there. I did get my camera back there like Kevin suggested. I see exactly why it leaks. No valve though. I'll follow the recommendations from both of you. Great input great help. Appreciate your patience in the matter. Learn something everyday if you're not careful.

IMG_20230621_182625361~2.jpg

Thank you for the breakdown. Huge help there. I did get my camera back there like Kevin suggested. I see exactly why it leaks. No valve though. I'll follow the recommendations from both of you. Great input great help. Appreciate your patience in the matter. Learn something everyday if you're not careful.

View attachment 19219
And that is why you use a flexible hook up hose!

Because the thread is now cross threaded, I would put the hose on the toilet before I put the toilet back on the flange.

Latest resources

Back