Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Recall Toilet Water Supply Hose Recall (SB-599)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Rustymayes @redbaron ... Here was the response I received from Newmar when I asked to do it myself. Looks like I will be taking it into a close by dealer. :unsure:

FLSteve

Thank you for contacting Newmar customer service regarding the technical service bulletin that was recently mailed out. To clarify a technical service bulletin is not a recall because they are not a safety issue. First and foremost, Newmar recommends contacting the selling dealer or another authorized dealer so they can provide this service for you. If you would like to continue pursuing this repair on your own see below.

If you choose to complete this repair on your own note the following:
1) Newmar will not reimburse for part(s) or labor cost. Please call the parts department to order the part(s).
2) Newmar will not cover any damage that occurs while performing the repair or future damage that results from the repair. The customer takes full responsibility for all work performed.

Please refer to the service link below to find a dealer or service center in your are to address this repair for you:
Service Center Locator link:
https://www.newmarcorp.com/owner-tools/find-service-center/

I will be getting this service bulletin taken care of the week of July 10 when I drop my Ventana off for scheduled service work on the chassis side of my dealer... the house side has opened a ticket and ordered the parts from Newmar. Good timing on my part as I already had the service appointment scheduled for after I return from a trip July 8.

Thanks @NWIP for forwarding this thread to me AND thanks @FLSteve for posting. I just arrived at Transwest for a little TLC. You can only pick 3 things for them to repair on a day in/out service. Guess this became #1 repair. Sigh. I wonder if this has anything to do with my little water leak in my wet bay. 🫤 Will let y'all know what I find out tomorrow.
@ARD ... how did the visit go? Get everything fixed?

FLSteve :unsure:

how did the visit go? Get everything fixed?
Well, the kit for the dometic toilet fix is on backorder. Newmar does not have the parts; however, Transwest, was trying to get them overnighted for delivery tomorrow from the manufacturer. 🤞🏼

Meanwhile, a new Sanicon is being overnighted so the leak in the wet bay will be fixed. The tech could not replicate the problem with my jacks and I can't deploy them in the campground due to excess slope so I guess I will see what happens when I get to Pagosa Springs.

Thanks for checking in @FLSteve.

I will be passing by TransWest Saturday morning, around 9:30'ish, as I make my way up to Idaho... If there is a chance you will still be in the campground at TransWest Saturday morning I could swing by and say hello.

Interesting Newmar doesn't have the parts for the Dometic fix. I am going to email Jamie in the morning to see if she is going to Plan B to have the part the week of July 10 when I drop my coach at the chassis side.

I just went to Ace Hardware and bought two 30 inch 1/2 X 1/2 Stainless steel Faucet connections, two 1/2 close nipples and two B type cone seals and installed them. All the parts were less than $45. This looks like the exact hose assembly in the service bulletin. I did not bother with a 90 elbow at the toilet valve as there is plenty of room for the hose to make a graceful loop to the water connection on the coach. Easy Peasy! I have two calls into dealers with no real response and hearing that the parts are back ordered is no surprise. As I said earlier, Dometic and Newmar wants $165 each for the hose assembly. What a joke. What is a joke is how they get away with the original cheap crap that they put on at the factory.
thumbnail_IMG_0979.jpg

@K0YJ - Jamie is on IT. I thought I was going to have to come back and I still might. I'm crossing my fingers they overnighted it. It's probably a good idea to touch base with her, so they will have your parts.... especially since we are coming into a holiday weekend.

Bummer. I'm sorry I will miss you on Saturday. I would love to meet you, but I have a reservation at Wolf Creek Run Saturday so I'm taking off by 7ish in the am. 🫤

Safe travels to Idaho and back! Hope to catch yah on the road next time!

Oh well... I understand you want to get an early start to head over the divide to Pagosa Springs. I have spent a lot of time riding my motorcycles and camping in that area. Beautiful country. You are probably well acquainted with the area, but if you aren't familiar with Kipp's Grill in Pagosa, there is also a location in Creede, I highly recommend it.

Yes, Jamie is the best!!! She has done me right on a number of occasions. Between Jamie on the house side, and Trevor on the chassis side at TransWest, they keep me on the road. I emailed Jamie to ask about the Dometic part asking if we should order it from the manufacturer if Newmar can't have it there by July 10.

I don't know how long you will be on the West Slope but there is a chance I will be heading over the divide after I return from Idaho, if I have time, before heading to the Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed Week to race motorcycles.

Safe travels...

Kipp's Grill in Pagosa, there is also a location in Creede, I highly recommend it.
That place is always packed. It shares the same parking lot as the hair salon I like. Since you recommend it, I will definitely go. 😊

I don't know how long you will be on the West Slope but there is a chance I will be heading over the divide after I return from Idaho, if I have time, before heading to the Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed Week to race motorcycles.
I’ll be there for 2 months. @NWIP will be there too for 3 weeks or so. Come visit. Let’s have a RVF Encounter in Pagosa Springs! Now I’m gonna have to look up Bonneville Salt Flats to see where you’re racing. Sounds fun.

Happy Travels!

I just went to Ace Hardware and bought two 30 inch 1/2 X 1/2 Stainless steel Faucet connections, two 1/2 close nipples and two B type cone seals and installed them. All the parts were less than $45. This looks like the exact hose assembly in the service bulletin. I did not bother with a 90 elbow at the toilet valve as there is plenty of room for the hose to make a graceful loop to the water connection on the coach. Easy Peasy! I have two calls into dealers with no real response and hearing that the parts are back ordered is no surprise. As I said earlier, Dometic and Newmar wants $165 each for the hose assembly. What a joke. What is a joke is how they get away with the original cheap crap that they put on at the factory.
@Rustymayes ... thanks for posting this. Just a few questions.
  • Where are the B type cone seals used?
  • Is this a picture of the toilet slid away from the wall? I would have to do that to my mid-bath toilet. If so, do you just remove the bolts in the base to do that?

FLSteve :unsure:

Latest resources

Back