Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Recall Toilet Water Supply Hose Recall (SB-599)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Rustymayes ... thanks for posting this. Just a few questions.
  • Where are the B type cone seals used?
  • Is this a picture of the toilet slid away from the wall? I would have to do that to my mid-bath toilet. If so, do you just remove the bolts in the base to do that?

FLSteve :unsure:
This is the mid restroom toilet. Just pop of the decorative plastic screw caps and use a 3/8 socket wrench to remove the screws holding the toilet down. The toilet slides easily away from the wall far enough with out having to remove the drain hose. The B cone seal is used at the connection coming out of the floor to the 1/2 nipple since that is a compression type fitting. There is a seal from the factory between the 90 degee elbow fitting and the male hose end which you can reuse. I somehow lost one of them and there was not one installed at all on one of my toilets so I went with the cone seal. I am really comfortable with the set up. I have never seen one of the SS hose assemblies fail in any of my houses so I figure it will be durable enough for my coach. You will find that the factory just used a big self tapping screw to hold the toilet base down so there is no real drilled hole to find when reinstalling. You just need to align the toilet and drive the screw back into the wood block that is screwed to the floor. Be careful when reinstalling to not over torque the screw and break the toilet base as there is no washer used. The one in the master bath is a little bit of a challenge due to the limited space on the left side.
Cheers Rusty

I added a bidet to my toilet in my new 2023 New Aire a couple of weekends ago. I simply spliced in a T fitting with a shutoff valve into that same line they want to replace. Curious where they believe this hose may leak (at which connection end). May be simpler/easier/cheaper just to replace the fittings on each end myself for sure.

Best,
-Mark

Reading between the lines and examination of the clear plastic reinforced hose, I think the weak point is the brass crimp sleeve at both ends. That clear vinyl hose expands when it gets hot and with pressure over time and stretches a bit. I used to use the hose as shop air hose and the clamps would need to be tightened periodically. The Stainless steel reinforced hose on the other hand will retain its crimp over time better.
Which bidet did you install? I have been thinking of doing the same both at home and in the coach. A bidet would lessen the demand for TP going into my aging septic system.
Thanks

I am going to email Jamie in the morning to see if she is going to Plan B to have the part the week of July 10
You should be in good shape. The parts arrive next week. Not great news for me as I'll have to come back up on 9/18 for the fix. Whatcha gonna do.

Which bidet did you install? I have been thinking of doing the same both at home and in the coach. A bidet would lessen the demand for TP going into my
I bought a Tushy online from TUSHY Classic 3.0. Already had one at home and another in the previous rig. Lots of color choices for it and the knobs. Because it comes with standard house T/shutoff valve I had to go to Ace Hardware to purchase one I could splice and clamp into my RV-specific hose.

During the install I was like "this 90 degree elbow from the factory is just asking to leak". I did have to both open the emergency escape door and remove the toilet to get my clamp crimping tool at the best angles when crimping the connections to ensure they were truly secure.

Best,
-Mark

You should be in good shape. The parts arrive next week. Not great news for me as I'll have to come back up on 9/18 for the fix. Whatcha gonna do.
Jamie got back to me first thing this morning telling me I will be good to go for the repair when I drop my coach off on July 10... (y):) I'm sorry you weren't able to get your coach sorted out today... :( Maybe when when you return in September we can meet up at TransWest.

This is the end that comes off the elbow at the floor.
20230630_211557.jpg
20230630_211601.jpg

The original hose and the new hose both lack a gasket or seal.

The new assembly has a male to male thread connection.

Like was mentioned above, the weak point is the material of the hose and the brass compression link.

Here is a view of the oem hose connected.
20230630_170934.jpg

And a view of the new hose.
20230630_172733.jpg

This really is a very simple job. Less than 30 minutes of actual work.

Mine had a gasket on the male fitting at the floor on the master toilet but no gasket in the second toilet. In the second toilet though there was a gasket in the fitting at the toilet valve. I am not sure why it did not leak at the floor fitting but now I have cone gaskets in both toilet connections at the floor. I went with galvanized nipples instead of the plastic. I figured I saved $100 plus in fuel and a ton of aggravation by doing the job myself. I saved at least $200 by going with locally purchased parts that are far superior to the Dometic parts as well.

Just received this in the mail. It's to replace the water supply line on the Dometic toilets. Copy attached.

I cannot recall seeing such a notice, where the owner has 3 months to correct before the offer expires?? Is this a new policy?

I cannot recall seeing such a notice, where the owner has 3 months to correct before the offer expires?? Is this a new policy?
@JJT-NC ... not sure about policy but this was in the response they sent me when I asked if I could do the replacement myself.

"Thank you for contacting Newmar customer service regarding the technical service bulletin that was recently mailed out. To clarify a technical service bulletin is not a recall because they are not a safety issue."

Latest resources

Back