Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Recall Toilet Water Supply Hose Recall (SB-599)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

FLSteve

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4118
RV Length
41'
TOW/TOAD
2018 JL Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Just received this in the mail. It's to replace the water supply line on the Dometic toilets. Copy attached.

FLSteve :unsure:

Attachments

• Toilet Hose Recall #SB 599.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 159
Any idea how hard it is to a access mid toilet? I am guessing you would remove the floor bolts to gain access?

Any idea how hard it is to a access mid toilet? I am guessing you would remove the floor bolts to gain access?
@redbaron ... I think you are correct. I am going to take a better look at that today. I sure do like the emergency door access to the back one.

FLSteve

Thanks @NWIP for forwarding this thread to me AND thanks @FLSteve for posting. I just arrived at Transwest for a little TLC. You can only pick 3 things for them to repair on a day in/out service. Guess this became #1 repair. Sigh. I wonder if this has anything to do with my little water leak in my wet bay. 🫤 Will let y'all know what I find out tomorrow.

I would like the part number of the recalled hose, just so I know what to look for as far as a leak goes.

I would like the part number of the recalled hose, just so I know what to look for as far as a leak goes.
I'll try to get that information for you tomorrow.

@redbaron ... look on the last 2 pages of this attachment. I think it's listed there.

Attachments

• Toilet Hose Recall #SB 599.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
@redbaron ... look on the last 2 pages of this attachment. I think it's listed there.

Sure enough--got 2 of them on the way. Seems very simple actually. Just a bit of back pain for the mid toilet.

I just opened the recall letter. I will try to order a couple of hoses in the morning. No way am I taking the rig up the hill for a 1/2 labor repair. I'll inspect my hoses in the morning as well, I have yet to see any sign of leaking. I am glad it an easy fix to what could be a serious issue.
Rusty

I just got off the phone with Newmar parts. They want $165 per hose and if I buy them directly instead of going thru the stealership, I won't be reimbursed for the parts. I have a call into the dealership I bought the coach from to have them order the hoses for me. This is crap though. I am willing to do the work myself and absolve warranty of future responsibility regarding the recall. I am not taking my coach 120 miles RT for such a minor issue and then wait two weeks for them to do the work. I have 1/2 a mind to just replace the hose with a locally fabricated hose. I can probably build a better hose at ACE hardware plumbing department anyway like I did when I had to replace the galley drain line on my first overnight glamping trip!!

Latest resources

Back