Mountain Aire 4519
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins 500
TOW/TOAD
2023 Ram 1500
We have a new toad and need to have the tow gear installed. Looking for recommendations in the Houston/Galveston TX area. Any thoughts?

It didn't happen without pictures!

Any trusted RV service centers in the area? They can probably do it. Or maybe ask your tow bar vendor and see if they have a list of installers?

Most paint and body shops can do it. M&G Engineering in Athens, TX can do the braking system, baseplate, and lights for about $2000 parts and labor. They have electric hookups for overnight stops.

Most paint and body shops can do it. M&G Engineering in Athens, TX can do the braking system, baseplate, and lights for about $2000 parts and labor. They have electric hookups for overnight stops.
Thanks for the suggestion Jim. Their price is more now, but I'm probably going to go with them. Do you have their brake system on your coach? I'd like to know what you think of it, if you have it.

Thanks for the suggestion Jim. Their price is more now, but I'm probably going to go with them. Do you have their brake system on your coach? I'd like to know what you think of it, if you have it.
Yes, I have successfully used their braking system since 2008 on 2 different coaches and 5 different toads. I installed the braking system myself on two different Jeeps in about an hour. Monty can do it much quicker.

Maybe Monty cut me a deal but he installed my baseplate, brake, and wiring in 4 or 5 hours just last month. Of course, the baseplate price is toad dependent. Tell him I referred you for whatever that may be worth.

Yes, I have successfully used their braking system since 2008 on 2 different coaches and 5 different toads. I installed the braking system myself on two different Jeeps in about an hour. Monty can do it much quicker.

Maybe Monty cut me a deal but he installed my baseplate, brake, and wiring in 4 or 5 hours just last month. Of course, the baseplate price is toad dependent. Tell him I referred you for whatever that may be worth.
Appointment made. Monte says he won't charge me any extra for knowing you.:)

OK, OK...shamed again. Here's the new ride.
11828830-A5D2-48BF-BC8A-FE49CA53F5D8.jpeg
E544E6F2-A3B0-404F-8D44-63F0EEDFC665.jpeg

Very nice! Congrats!

Latest resources

Back