RV Length
39'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cat
TOW/TOAD
BMW
New to this site. I want to pull a car trailer (8500#) with a 2008 Itasca diesel pusher without a tag axle. Towing cap is 10,000#. Any issues and or suggestion? The car is rear wheel drive so no tow dolly. Let me know if this is the correct place to start this.
Thanks in advance.

New to this site. I want to pull a car trailer (8500#) with a 2008 Itasca diesel pusher without a tag axle. Towing cap is 10,000#. Any issues and or suggestion? The car is rear wheel drive so no tow dolly. Let me know if this is the correct place to start this.
Thanks in advance.
Do a load calculation on the rear axle of the motorhome and see where you stand. You’ll probably be adding a 1000 pounds of hitch weight. That’s a good starting point.

Do a load calculation on the rear axle of the motorhome and see where you stand. You’ll probably be adding a 1000 pounds of hitch weight. That’s a good starting point.
Thanks.
Preference of wood vs metal deck. Will be mainly mild weather traveling.

Thanks.
Preference of wood vs metal deck. Will be mainly mild weather traveling.
We had a metal deck car trailer. But It was much smaller. I’m not sure what the pros and cons of wood are.

Our pusher was an isc 350 Fleetwood Revolution. We also occasionally pulled a 9700 pound van. Other than going up the hills slower it didn’t drive much different. But that was four down.

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back