• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Tp

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I said it once and I'll repeat it...water in your p-traps, water in your toilet, and water in your holding tank. If you have sewer odor, check the air admittance valves.

You guys have p traps in your black tank? Cool

I didn’t read the whole thread, but I installed a bidet. I use the septic safe toilet paper that you buy at target or Walmart in six months I’ve used one roll.

I installed bidets in my house during Covid and I have not used a full package of toilet paper since 2020

I still want someone to explain the p traps in black tanks, how does the waste and tp go through a p trap?

I've never experienced stench from my gray side because of traps, but my fivers toilets always opened a portal to the black abyss, chemicals always help

I still want someone to explain the p traps in black tanks, how does the waste and tp go through a p trap?

I've never experienced stench from my gray side because of traps, but my fivers toilets always opened a portal to the black abyss, chemicals always help
I might be wrong but I think they are talking about the flapper valve holding water in the bowl after you flush, if it's not holding water then gas can escape

Who mentioned there is a p-trap in the black water system?

Since liquid doesn't compress, any quantity going in one side of the P trap will require an equal quantity to exit the P trap on the discharge side. For a #1, don't use much if any water to flush. For a #2, use lots of water to flush.

If it is yellow, let it mellow. If it is brown, flush it down.

Bob

I only use the enzyme septic tank treatment if I am going to be dumping in a septic system that hasn't been used in a while, like at my Mom's house. When there, I dump into an old septic system that used to have a mobile home hooked up to it. We were hooked up to it while we were living there in the Class C. The last time I used it (2021?) I put a dose of Ridex in the truck camper's black tank (after we dumped up at Indian Boundary CG) and dumped into the old septic system. The septic system hadn't been used in 12 years. Another dose was put in the black tank because I knew we would be dumping again before we left. Hopefully, the next time I'm there, I will be staying at an RV Park in town.

Latest resources

Back