• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Tp

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We’ve never needed anything for odor except when it was time to dump our last coach, a Rexhall Aerbus.

If I’m going to store our Dynamax Isata 3 for more than a few weeks I put in some bio-digestant and valve lubricant with a couple of gallons of water.

Other than that I just flush the tank when we stay at a full hookup site, usually once or twice a month when were traveling.

My bottom is more concerned about the quality and type of toilet paper than our toilet, holding tank, and dump valves. We use the same good-quality TP on the trailer that we use at home.

Just like the 2 boxes of corn cobs in the outdoor privy. One box of red cobs, and one box of white cobs. Use a red one first then a white one to see if one needs to use another red one.

Bob

I've always used Thetford treatment, IMO it works well, used the packets until they came out with drop ins

I use the Scott rapid dissolving toilet paper. It does dissolve rapidly and it's what I plan to "stick to" no pun intended :unsure:

As to additives I think they are complete gimmick, as well as the cleaners. I use cascade at times (liquid) and dish soap at times to help keep things clean. Keep water in your toilets and sink p-traps and you won't have stink.

I will gladly sell you 8 oz bottles of special RV tank cleaner and fill them with dove dish soap :) $39.95 for introductory offer :poop:

My bottom is more concerned about the quality and type of toilet paper than our toilet, holding tank, and dump valves. We use the same good-quality TP on the trailer that we use at home.

Just like the 2 boxes of corn cobs in the outdoor privy. One box of red cobs, and one box of white cobs. Use a red one first then a white one to see if one needs to use another red one.

Bob
Hahahahahahaha Hahahahahahaha

I use the Scott rapid dissolving toilet paper. It does dissolve rapidly and it's what I plan to "stick to" no pun intended :unsure:

As to additives I think they are complete gimmick, as well as the cleaners. I use cascade at times (liquid) and dish soap at times to help keep things clean. Keep water in your toilets and sink p-traps and you won't have stink.

I will gladly sell you 8 oz bottles of special RV tank cleaner and fill them with dove dish soap :) $39.95 for introductory offer :poop:
I think I actually have some from like 30 years ago

I think I actually have some from like 30 years ago I must have thought it was bull back then!

It makes no difference if the TP used is septic safe or not. Use any TP you choose.
You do not have a septic tank in your rv, it is a holding tank.

And at home, we do have a septic system. Just grey water and black water into the septic system. No food and no grease or heavy detergents go into the septic system.

Bob

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back