Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Trick to fill DEF tank from drivers side?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
But that would mean Newmar installed those crossover tubes wrong and we know they never make mistakes. I think everybody should spend some time and take a look at that tube. You can probably see it by looking over the top of the DEF tank in my unit I can see across there with a bright light see if it’s sagging. Joe, that’s a really good observation.

We have a 2022 Mountain Aire and we have the same problem. While at Spartan last summer I asked about it and they said the issue is that there is not a sufficient air bleed for the tube filling on the drivers side. Filling too quickly causes an air lock and DEF stops filling. They said currently they had no fix in the works for it.

I just hold the nozzle as slow as it will go to fill for now hoping there is a fix at some point.

We have a 2022 Mountain Aire and we have the same problem. While at Spartan last summer I asked about it and they said the issue is that there is not a sufficient air bleed for the tube filling on the drivers side. Filling too quickly causes an air lock and DEF stops filling. They said currently they had no fix in the works for it.

I just hold the nozzle as slow as it will go to fill for now hoping there is a fix at some point.
This is very interesting, surprising one of the local DIY engineer type guys hasn't developed an alternate vent fix yet. From what I've read on line at various forums this is a pervasive issue.

I noticed that the filler port on the driver side has a reducer in it to make sure one does not fill the DEF tank with diesel. I am thinking of just drilling some vent holes in the outer part of that flange to allow for additional venting or just remove it all together. One would need to be pretty dizzy to attempt filling with fuel since the fill is at the opposite end of the coach from the fuel tank filler ports.

I noticed that the filler port on the driver side has a reducer in it to make sure one does not fill the DEF tank with diesel. I am thinking of just drilling some vent holes in the outer part of that flange to allow for additional venting or just remove it all together. One would need to be pretty dizzy to attempt filling with fuel since the fill is at the opposite end of the coach from the fuel tank filler ports.
This is starting to remind me of the the No leaded fuel filler restriction Days. Same thing happened unless you angled the filler nozzle just right The tank refused any volume of filling.

Latest resources

Back