Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Troubleshooting Day n nite shade. Auto Motion Shade.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Roadtoad

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Allegro Breeze
RV Length
28 BR
I have the double shade at the front. The nite shade always works going up. The nite shade always works going up, but doesn't go down sometimes. If I let it set for awhile and then push the down toggle, it may go down, but if I push the up and then down it will not go down until I just walk away from it. Come back later and when it's not looking I'll push the down and it will work. I swapped the switches at the dash to make sure it wasn't a switch. Same issue. Is there a relay that I don't know about or is it just the motor being finicky. The motor sounds fine and when it does go down it is smooth.

I think it’s the motor being finicky. I have a similar problem on the entrance door AutoMotion shade, although mine it more of an occasional sputter only when going down.

If you can reproduce the issue, you can could applying 12v directly to the two wires at the motor which would allow you to isolate the problem to the motor or the switch/wiring/etc.

How does the motor come off the shade? do I need to take down the whole double shade assembly?

Each motor has two sets of wires with a small connector. The wires are about 6-8” long. The one that’s not connected is for connecting a controller to set the up/down limits. The one that’s currently connected is the power. Apply 12V and ground and it moves in one direction. Swap 12V and ground and it moves the other direction.

You may be able to test with the shade still installed. It depends on how easily you can access the wires. I have only removed the shade at the drivers window on my Newmar. There were three pressure clips that held the shade. Not sure if Tiffin does things differently.

Latest resources

Back