• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Truck/trailer versus Class A/toad

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've also been researching some of the hitch assist and trailer backup assist packages available especially in the F150. Those features for me would be a necessity, especially for solo travel.
instead of paying for that on a new truck, I just used a GoPro and mounted it above my trailer hitch so I could see the ball come in. When it just disappears under the hitch, your done.

i did the same thing on my 5th wheel, but added a red piece of duck tape on the center of the bed to follow to the hitch.

instead of paying for that on a new truck, I just used a GoPro and mounted it above my trailer hitch so I could see the ball come in. When it just disappears under the hitch, your done.

i did the same thing on my 5th wheel, but added a red piece of duck tape on the center of the bed to follow to the hitch.
Great idea. I also understand that those hitch assist options have been available in some form for several years, so a new truck is not required. A 3 year old will do it, especially by the time I'm ready to pull the trigger.

I did buy a wireless system for enclosed utility trailer. I find it helpful to see whats going on behind me. Bought mine at Tadibrothers.

Factor in your transportation modes once at a destination. Sometimes a truck large enough for towing is overlarge when going for groceries or errands. I see it over and over again with people that cannot handle a huge truck in the parking lots. With a motorhome towing, the towed vehicle is what you putts around with.

Factor in your transportation modes once at a destination. Sometimes a truck large enough for towing is overlarge when going for groceries or errands. I see it over and over again with people that cannot handle a huge truck in the parking lots. With a motorhome towing, the towed vehicle is what you putts around with.
We see that a lot too. Having said that, there are a lot of folks that use OHV side by sides and golf carts in Southern California and Arizona that have problems in parking lots too! :). I suspect those designers that plan shopping plazas expect customers to only use small commuter vehicles.

Darrell

On the flip side, I always question the people with a relatively small class C towing a pickup truck that could easily tow a similarly sized trailer. To me that's just giving yourself an additional powertrain to maintain that you don't really need.

Latest resources

Back