• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Uncommon solutions to Common campground problems

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I was brought up (a very long time ago, to be sure :ROFLMAO: ) that you avoided walking through another person's campsite whenever possible. If you absolutely needed to do it, you first asked for permission to do so. You never walked through another peron's campsite without specific permission. Just a matter of respect and common courtesy.

TJ

This one takes the cake. We were in Gardiner, MT a few years ago, and a lady from the RV next to us would come over sit at our table smoke a cigarette, and call friends and family. The second time it happened I went out and took our table cloth to place on the table, she never moved but took time out of her conversation to tell me she had better cell reception at my table than hers and she wouldn't be much longer. I was mostly speechless. They left the next morning but I had decided I would turn the table on its side when we left the next day. You can't make this kind of disregard for common courtesy up!

There are times I wish campgrounds had a no smoking section.

I think I picked up 20lbs of trash when we stayed up in Georgia on a recent trip. Deli containers...cigarette butts...cellophane wrappers...metal and plastic utensils...dog crap...zip ties...beer caps...aluminum pull tabs...tent stakes...nails in trees...every imaginable candy wrapper...boat trailer parts...and on and on.

I'm amazed at how sitting by an rv and throwing cigarette butts all over gods creation is what some folks call camping.

Off soap box...

I believe that statistics show about 40 million Americans still smoke. I believe every pack started with a Caution in 1965...upgraded to a Warning in 1969... Don't get me wrong...it has helped. But, it does prove that no matter what, some are simply going to ignore the warnings.

Keeping with the crazy theme, perhaps if one sat on his patio with an old-school hockey mask and a chainsaw...

I think I picked up 20lbs of trash when we stayed up in Georgia on a recent trip. Deli containers...cigarette butts...cellophane wrappers...metal and plastic utensils...dog crap...zip ties...beer caps...aluminum pull tabs...tent stakes...nails in trees...every imaginable candy wrapper...boat trailer parts...and on and on.
Stayed at several campgrounds where we did the exact same thing. Two things really griped me about this. 1) the people that do it, and 2) the owners of the campground for not cleaning it up before I got there.

After all, what's that 3 hours dead space for between them checking out and me checking in?

You have to love the universal dumpster aka fire pit.

A simple " Please Show some respect and don't walk through my campsite" usually suffices. If I get nasty response, I pull out my phone and pretend to call the ranger.

This one takes the cake. We were in Gardiner, MT a few years ago, and a lady from the RV next to us would come over sit at our table smoke a cigarette, and call friends and family. The second time it happened I went out and took our table cloth to place on the table, she never moved but took time out of her conversation to tell me she had better cell reception at my table than hers and she wouldn't be much longer. I was mostly speechless. They left the next morning but I had decided I would turn the table on its side when we left the next day. You can't make this kind of disregard for common courtesy up!
You are a better person than me! I would have placed numerous thumb tacks on each bench of that picnic table after the first time I caught her sitting on it. If she avoided those I would probably try some honey.

Latest resources

Back